24: IM NEVER GETTING BETTER

So the boys moved into our house and are finding there rooms, sadly I'm going to have to share my room. Not my bed though hahaha no way.

I'm now making a cake for dessert since it's our first night together as a family kindve.
I put the cake batter and the oven and wheeled over to the lounge room.
Pete I think that's his name is watching tv.
"What's up with you and declan" he asks and doesn't even say hey
"Nothing" I say
"You gotta be careful with him okay? He's not good at loyalty" he says and I nod
Pete looks like he's 25 or 26 I don't know he's one of the old ones I'm guessing.

"So why are you in a wheelchair" he asks trying to keep the convocation going.
"I got shot in the leg and it's paralysed" I say and he nods
"Who was it?" He asks
"You know the raging gang?" I ask him
He nods
"Them"

"I heard you were a hard core fighter back then ?" He mentions and I nod
"When you get better do you think you'll do it again?" He has
"I'm not going to get better" I say angrily and wheel off.

Do you ever get that feeling when people just lie to you to make you feel better and all this anger washes over you knowing that people jay care about you keep lying to your face and you know that actual truth. In reality I'm never going to get better.

"Yo lil- are you okay?" Declan asks but I just keep wheeling away.
I look back and declan looks at Pete confused. Pete looks more confused.

"DYLAN" I yell and he runs down.
"Can you please help me up stairs" I ask with tears in my eyes, he notices but says nothing.
He takes me to my room and sets me in bed.
"What's up?" He asks
I explsin to him how I'm feeling and he rubs my back. I slowly fall asleep