Emma inwardly wondered if she'd been attractive to him. She couldn't deny that he'd stuck on her mind like glue but she wondered if her demeanor and appearance had done the same to him. She stood in front of her oval mirror in her bedroom and took off her towel, looking herself over. It was something she never did and she didn't understand why she was choosing to do it now. Emma took off her shower cap and brushed her fingers through her hair.

She had always been a top heavy girl as a child and she was glad that her breasts had stop growing when she got to America; as she was a 38 D now. A boy that she'd been sleeping with convinced her to get them pierced, said it would make her sexier. A couple days after that she dumped him because of his weird infatuation with hearing her scream when he touched them and they still hurt. Sick shit... she sipped her milk and watched her protective kitty walk across the dresser behind her, inhaling the diary pheromones Emma was producing. She looked back at herself, the glass of cool milk to her lips.

She had a tiny waist and she attributed that to nothing, since she did not work out. She didn't even own a gym membership to even pretend like she worked out. The most work she ever did was taking the stairs when the elevator didn't work. Rounded, feminine hips. She sipped her mild again, taking in her own sexual appeal. How much of a man did a man have to be to make you turn yourself on? She sipped her tall glass again, cream.

Emma wasn't afraid of her sexuality and she knew the picture she made when men were around. She worked in corporate America and she had to constantly tread on eggshells to make sure she didn't come off as interested or enticed by any of the men she worked with. She was barely a legal citizen as it was. What with her green card and all; any police officer would surely think she was a foreign minx trying to sleep her way to the top. Emma had to be very careful how much attention she brought to herself.

Her hair was longer than she'd ever remembered herself growing it. In college she'd been infatuated with the bob and Emma made sure she kept it off her shoulders until she'd turned twenty-one. She'd been letting it do whatever it wanted since then and it had chosen to grow past her shoulders, down her back rudely enough. Her long midnight tresses reminded her so much of her mother's hair... she hid it away sometimes so she wouldn't remember it; that life when her mother wore her hair down her back. Sometimes Emma wanted thoughts to die with time. And it seemed like for her, she couldn't remember the right things.

Her father was completely Bahamian, having the thick black hair to prove it. But her mother had been French, pale as white roses. And that was why Emma had plain, wavy black hair that never really did anything. It was bodiless without rollers and heavy to the touch. Thick, dark waves were all over her pillow and her face when she woke up every morning.

Emma felt a certain prickle in her lower stomach and swooned as she entered her bathroom. She stilled, terrified. That feeling... she opened her medicine cabinet and grabbed her medication. Pouring two out of the orange bottle and into her hand, she swallowed them down with her milk quickly. She breathed, putting a hand to her forehead and wiping sweat from her brow. Emma couldn't afford feelings like that. She walked into her closet in her robe and searched around for something fitting to wear, anything to throw on. She grabbed a rather assorted colors peasant skirt with a brown tank and a beige blazer. Emma pulled her brown heeled wedges from the top of her closet and decided that those would do for then.

And that day she put it in a low ponytail and then wrapped the hair around the tail, making a bun without trouble. It was her safety irdo. The one that took the least time and still looked presentable. The same one she'd worn last night, Emma reasoned. But when she realized that it was the one she'd worn the day before that and the day before that as well, she didn't like the hairstyle so much anymore.