The King chuckles again, "Boys will be boys I guess, no loss there really." 

No loss? They killed my family? That's loss, they took away everything from me. I would have been shaking in rage if I wasn't shaking in fear. The King continued, "So why did you bring her back here Flynn? A snack for you?"

"No of course not Uncle, I brought her for Jace. I've been hearing that he's been wanting a shifter or werewolf to keep him company," Flynn replied with. Jace? As in prince Jace? The prince who people say will turn out just like his father, a father who I have taken quite a hating to in the past minute. This couldn't get any worse.

"Wait!" says the Queen, finally speaking up. I've heard the Queen isn't as bad as the King, that actually she's quite nice, apparently her marriage with the King was an arranged one, one she wasn't that happy with. The Queen turns to me with soft old eyes, "What's your name?"

I didn't want to upset the Queen, since she seemed to be showing me some compassion. I spoke right away, quietly, but they are vampires, so I know they could hear me. "My name is Annabelle, your majesty."

She smiles at me. "You're very pretty Annabelle, I am sure my son will adore you. Flynn bring her to Jace's room, he will be home any minute. It will be such a surprise for him!"

"As you wish," says Flynn and starts dragging me up the stairs and down the hallway. My face drops. I was wrong, she's just as bad as the rest of them, leaving me to her sons will. I will probably dead by tomorrow. He won't like me, why would he? Sure I guess I am not that bad looking, and when all species lived in relative peace, I had no issues making friends. But all I am is a slave now, I am shifter, I am dirt.

Flynn opens a door at the end of a very long hallway. Inside is a very huge, clean, tasteful room. It has a white and black theme going on, with a huge flat screen, and two other doors heading to different rooms, my guess is a bathroom and a closet. There is also a door headed to the balcony. The bed is a massive king sized bed with warm sheets. This room is nicer than any bedroom I have ever seen.

Flynn chuckles at my amazement. "The young prince will be here soon. I suggest you wait here like a good girl. Run, and you'll get killed. I'll check on you from time to time. The prince won't kill you. He'll fall for your cuteness." Flynn smiles. "He has always been a sucker for cute girls."

Flynn shoves me into the room, then slams the door. The loud noise of the slam scares me so badly, I shift into a White Tiger, but then not sensing any danger, I shift back into my human form. I stand there awkwardly, not exactly sure what to do.

My sensitive ears pick up the sound of footsteps walking down the hallway, and a deep voice talking

My sensitive ears pick up the sound of footsteps walking down the hallway, and a deep voice talking. I panic and change into the small grey cat that is my most often form. I know that it seems a bit daft to turn into something so unthreatening, but I've never been much of a fighter, and so it is much easier to hide. I run under the bed, being sure to stay in the very corner of the room.

I hear the door open and close, and the click of a phone ending a call. My breath is coming out in rapid spurts as I try not to have a heart attack.

"Hmm I hear the sound of a heartbeat, could it be the shifter that Flynn just phoned me about?" I hear a deep voice exclaim.  I whimper softly, but then start beating myself up for it. You've just given yourself away! Stupid stupid girl!

The prince gets down to his knees and peers under the large bed. We come face to.. cat.

I find myself staring at the most flawless face I have ever seen. Devilish short brown hair and piercing blue eyes. A strong chin and the most perfect lips ever, if only they weren't smirking. If only that smirk wasn't directed towards me.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"
---------

Photo: Jace

---------

EDITED

Vote

Comment

Subscribe

Feedback Please!!

Thanks, K <3