Chapter 3

"Are you friends with my Mama?" The little kid titled her head as she asked me.

The two of us are still inside the ice cream shop and we decided to get chocolate flavored ice creams because she said that chocolate is her favorite flavor and I should get it too.

"Uhm, no. I think we're not friends?" I forces a smile but the toddler just gave me a confuse look.

"Why? You were at our house before and you're talking with my Mama, then why you're not friends with her?"

I scratch the back of my neck and purses my lips. I don't know how to answer this to Camila's kid. I can't just tell that her mother doesn't like me because I got her fired at her job by kissing her.

"Because we just met recently actually?" I laughed nervously as I answered her question unsurely.

"But I want you to be friends with my Mama because you look nice." She said and hum while taking a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth. "And I want to play with you everyday."

"Oh yeah?" She nodded her head at me and I can't help but smile.

I felt a buzz on my phone. I fish it out and unlock it.

[Camila — 10:34 am];
wer r u? my interview is done
is daniela still with u?

[Me — 10:34 am];
Daniela and I are here at the ice cream shop few blocks away from The Grid.
You want us to go back?

[Camila — 10:36 am];
yeah if thats okay with u

[Me — 10:37 am];
Okay we will be there in 5.

"Daniela, your Mama is asking for you. Wanna go back to her?" She nodded her head vigorously and I throw away our trash.

I crouch down to her level and I was surprised when she hopped on my back. "Give me a piggback ride." I look at the little kid on my back and laugh.

"Alright, let's go then."

"Let's go, horsie." I make a horse sound then I heard her cute giggles surpasses her lips and I run back to the bar with the kid on my back.

-

"Mama!" I kneel down on the floor and the little kid hopped off of my back and run to her mother.

"Baby, where have you been? Did you had a good time?" The young mom asked her daughter.

I watch the two of them interact with each other and I didn't even know I'm already smiling at them. I can see Camila's fingers running through her daughter's curly locks.

"Yeah! Y/N bought me an ice cream and she let hop on her back and gave me a piggyback ride all the way back here." The four-year-old kid smiles then turn her head to me.

I wave at her and I felt a pat on my back. "I see, taking the kid to the ice cream shop so you can make a move on her mommy." Justin whispered as he said it in his baby voice.

I turn my head to see Justin standing next to me then smile. He place his arm on my shoulder and pull me closer to him. "You're making the kid fall in love with you so if you ever wanted to take her mommy on a date, she will say yes." He tap his chin and think for a second. "That's a great plan,"

I elbow his ribs and he place his hand on his body. "I don't have a plan, asshole. I don't even like her like that. Stop pushing it," I groaned and hit the back of his head.