1

A/N: this is the sequel to my Solangelo story 'Stage Lights'. You don't have to have read it to read this one, but it'd give a little background info. So check it out if you'd like!

Hazel Levesque took a deep breath and tucked the curls loose from her bun behind her ears.
You can do this, she told herself, nodding along to the thought.
Her phone made a chiming noise, and she pulled it out of the pocket of the bag hanging from her shoulder.
From: Nico💙
you got this!!!! good luck!!!! i love you!!!!

She smiled at the message from her big brother as she dropped her phone back into the bag - she didn't really have time to text back now. She'd call him after the audition.
Hazel was in the process of auditioning for a national tour of Cats: the Musical. It had been a few weeks since the first audition (which Nico had gotten her), and this was the final one. She was in the running for the roles of Victoria and Rumpleteazer - she honestly didn't care which one she got, so long as she got in. All her years of cheer and dance in high school (and college) were paying off.
She was currently waiting outside the room that the producers and casting directors were in - there had been three other girls there today, but they'd been asked to wait out in the hall until their turn.
The door swung open and the girl who'd gone in before her strode out. She smiled warmly at Hazel, and Hazel grinned back nervously.
"Good luck," the girl said. "They said they'd call you in just a minute."
"Okay. Thank you." Hazel's heart started pounding even harder.
The girl smiled again, waved, and disappeared down the hallway.
Hazel took two more deep breaths before the door to the studio opened and a woman poked her head out the door.
"Hazel?" She called.
Hazel nodded, and the lady motioned her inside.