11

the pic is Victoria, the cat Calypso plays

"Okay Hazel," Calypso said, gliding out of their shared bathroom and wrapping her wet hair up in a towel.
It was about midnight, and the cast was back at the hotel for the night. Hazel and Calypso were in their room, and Hazel was already in her bed - Calypso wasn't far behind. They'd done six previews, and they had almost a week to go before they officially opened.
"Yes?" Hazel questioned, looking up from her book.
"We have to get you a dress for opening night."
A confused look crossed Hazel's face.
"For the party!" Calypso supplied. "The one that you're going to with Frank!"
Hazel blushed.
"I saw a formal dress shop just down the street when Silena and I went down to grab Starbucks a few days ago," she informed Hazel, sitting down on the edge of her bed and beginning to comb her hair.
"Do you still need to find a dress, too?" Hazel questioned, shutting her book and putting it on the nightstand. "I hadn't even thought about needing to get one-"
Calypso laughed. "Yeah, I do, so relax. We'll go together and find them. How about tomorrow morning?"
Hazel's tired eyes snapped open. "Tomorrow?"
Calypso raised her eyebrows. "Do you have plans?"
Hazel laughed. "Of course not. I just wasn't expecting to go so soon."
"Tomorrow it is!" Calypso grinned.

••

Group text: the fab four felines
Nico💙: you ladies up?
Sherman: they probs aren't
Calypso: yes we are!
Me: ^^^^
Sherman: wanna go to starbucks?
Me: actually, Calypso and I are going dress shopping this morning
Sherman: boooooring
Nico💙: dresses for what?
Calypso: the opening night party, duh!
Me: you guys have fun. We'll see you at the theatre later.
Calypso: and have a chai tea for me when you come please!
Me: oohh same
Nico💙: *rolls eyes*

Hazel laughed as the messages on the group chat stopped pouring in. She and Calypso were actually already at Starbucks, but Hazel didn't dare tell the boys.
"Hazel!" Calypso suddenly said, and Hazel looked up from her phone. Calypso was holding her own up - obviously taking a picture. Hazel grinned, fully expecting the photo to go on Calypso's Instagram story.
Within just a few moments, Hazel got the notification
hazel.grace: calypsooo mentioned you in their story
"Ready?" Calypso asked her. Still smiling, Hazel slid out of her seat and followed her friend out of the coffee shop.

Within the next three hours, they both had dresses. Calypso had selected a floor-length, white gown with blue floral designs all over it. The back was lace, and the skirt had tulle under it to make it "poofy".
Hazel's dress was more on the simple side. It was yellow - a shade called sunshine. Where Calypso's was more of a ball gown style, Hazel's was fitted. It was floor length with a slit up one side; there was one strap that went over her left shoulder.
Just as they were leaving the dress shop to head back to the hotel and then the theatre, both girls' phones lit up with a notification.
Instagram
shermanyang01 sent a story by calypsooo to CatChat
shermanyang01: what the crap! you guys said u didn't want Starbucks!

This chapter was pointless? Oh well at least I wrote something I guess XD anyway if there's anything you'd like to see in this story, please let me know! I've mentioned before I'm having a bit of a hard time writing it (my break helped though XD) so any ideas or any scenes or any characters you'd like to see let me know!