47. The Social Worker

I sighed as I sat on the couch. Matt and the guys were supposed to be home in a coupe days. I missed them so much.

I wanted to talk to Matt but I couldn't. Matt said that since today was a Saturday and they were playing a big venue so he would be too busy to talk for the next couple days.

I sighed and turned on Jackass. A little while later there was a knock on the door. I got up and looked through the peep hole. I saw the face that I'd been dying to see, Matt's. I opened the door as fast as I could and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled as did he. I pulled away with the hugest smile on my face. I backed up so he could come in. He shut the door and sat his bags down.

I wrapped my arms around him again. He carried me over to the couch and we sat down and cuddled. "I thought you weren't gonna be home till a couple days." I said. "I may have lied about the tour ending late." he said.

"Well, I'm glad you're back." I said. "Me too." He said and kissed me. Our kiss that was once soft and passionate turned rough. I took his lip ring in my mouth and started chewing on it.

He let out a low moan then laid me back on the couch. We were aggressively making out when there was a knock on the door.

Matt groaned and pulled away to answer the door. He let a middle aged woman with black hair in. I sat up and Matt came and sat beside me leading the woman in.

"Maddie, this is Rhonda Pines, she is a social worker." Matt said. I became so worried. "Hi, Maddison." I said holding my hand out to her. "Rhonda." She said shaking my hand.

"So, Mr. Flyzik." She said. "Please call me Matt." He said. "Okay Matt, McKenna Flyzik is your niece, correct?" She asked. "Yes, what about her?" Matt asked.

"Well, I hate to tell you this. But earlier today she was taken from her home and into our custody." Rhonda said. I was a bit relieved that she wasn't here to talk about me. But I was worried about McKenna.

"Why was she taken from the house?" Matt asked. "Well, her parents are fighting and she got caught in the middle of it. She was knocked down the stairs and now has a broken arm. Unfortunately we can not take her to the hospital because we need a guardian there." Rhonda said.

"Okay." Matt said. "So we need you to come to the hospital to take guardian ship. We have her heath card we just need you." Rhonda said. "Oh, and Maddie can come if you want." Rhonda finished.

"Want to come?" Matt asked me. "Yeah." I said. "Just give me a couple minutes." Matt said. "I got to change." I said. "Yeah, so do I." Matt said. I went upstairs and into my room and got changed. I brushed my hair out and quickly put on some make-up.

When I came back down Matt was downstairs. "Ready to go?" Matt asked. "Yeah." I said. I put my phone in my pocket and we all left. Matt and I got in his car and followed Rhonda to the building of their office.

When we got there we went up to Rhonda's office. From outside the room I saw a girl who looked to be 12 or 13 and she was crying. They were trying to put a tenser bandage on her wrist but it was only making it worse.

As soon as she saw Matt she jumped out of the chair and ran up to him and hugged him. He picked her up and hugged her. "Hi Uncle Matty." She said as he put her down. "Hi McKenna. I'd like you to meet Maddison." He said introducing me.

"Maddie this is my niece McKenna." He said. I gave her a wave. "McKenna darling why won't you let Mr. Renald put the bandage on your arm?" Rhonda asked her.

"Because he's hurting me." She said and started crying again. Matt set her down on the chair and rubbed her back.

"Here, can I try? I know how much it hurts. I've broken my arm before too. I know how to put it on." I asked McKenna. "But it will hurt." She said.

I got down to her level. "Let me try, and if it hurts I'll stop." I said and she nodded. I put her wrists together and the right one was swollen really badly. "It's definitely at least sprained. But you're right, it's probably broken." I said.

"McKenna, I need you to open your hand slowly, okay?" I asked and she did so. I grabbed the tenser bandage and gently wrapped it around her wrist so it would keep her arm a bit stable.

We set off to the hospital. McKenna was so scared, but Matt kept reassuring her it would be fine. 

While McKenna was in getting her arm x-raid Matt and the Social worker stepped out to talk. Matt came back and sat down beside me.

"So, McKenna needs somewhere to stay for the next couple of days until they decide whether she's going back to her parents or being taken out of their care permanently. Is it cool if she stays with us?" Matt asked.

"Oh course it is. She's your niece. She's family." I said. "Okay." Matt said. 

After being at the hospital we went back to mine and Matt's. McKenna definitely had a broken arm. She was going to have the hard cast on for 6 weeks. Then they were going to take it off and x-ray her arm again.

Her arm should be healed by then but they want to make sure.

We showed McKenna up to her room and she went to bed instantly. Matt and I went to bed also.

"The poor girl is exhausted." Matt said as we laid down. "Yeah, I know. Breaking a bone sucks." I said. "No kidding." Matt said. He pressed his lips to mine for a minute then pulled away.

"I want to so badly finish what we started this morning but not with McKenna in the house. At this time anyway." He said. "That's fine." I said. I pecked his lips one more time and said "good night" before falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey beautiful, so I lied. I have no clue when this is gonna end. I really thought I was going to end it. I wasn't going to use this idea but I decided I should use all the ideas I got or I might regret it. So yeah, tell me what you think please. <3 you

~Becky 04/24/14