38: Did You Just Quote The Song...

The next morning I woke up at around 9, Matt was still asleep. I walked out into the front room and sat on the couch. Nanny was in the kitchen making food, Poppy was at work and Dakota was out here too. "Matt still asleep?" Asked Nanny.

"Yeah, probably best to let him sleep." I said. "Why's that?" She asked. Just then Matt came out ruffling his hair. "Well that didn't last long." I chuckled. Matt sat beside me and pulled me into his arms. "What didn't last long?" Asked Matt.

"We were just saying that you were still asleep and it was best to let you sleep." I said. "Oh, well I woke up because you weren't there." He said and I smiled and kissed him for a second. "Anyway to answer your question, it's better to let him sleep because on tour he gets about 5 hours of sleep every night." I said.

"Really?" She asked. "Yeah, it's because I have to get the guys to bed and make sure everything's in order for the next day. And the guys would most likely be up drinking and partying." Matt said. "Or they drag him to a bar or something." I said.

Later that day we all had a game of hockey. Poppy and I vs Matt, Dakota and Nanny. Poppy and I had first ball. I took the ball up the pavement and around to the front of their net. I shot but Matt stopped it and passed it to Dakota then moved down himself.

She passed the ball back over to Matt and I inferred. Matt came after me but I quickly dodged him, took a shot and scored. "No. That's not aloud." Matt said and we laughed. "Matt, how many times do we have to prove that I'm better than you at hockey?" I asked.

"I'm offended." He said in a sarcastically hurt voice. I laughed, "Good." I said then we continued our game.

It's alright
to tell me
what you think
about me
I won't
Try to argue
Or hold it against you

Rang out from Matt's phone. "Hello." He said picking it up and we paused the game. He listened to the other end. "Yes it is." He said meaning someone had just asked his name. "Um, yeah just give me a second." Matt said down the line.

"Do you have a pen and paper in the shed?" Asked Matt to Poppy. "Yeah, come with me." Poppy said and Matt followed him into the shed. A minute or two later Matt came out folding a piece of paper in his hands and putting it in his pocket.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously. "A venue in Toronto. They need a 2 bands in 2 weeks because the bands they had cancelled so they asked me to see if we can get the guys and another band. So I said I'd call the guys and see if they want to do it, if you want to?" He said asking me.

"Yeah." I said. "Maybe you guys could come too." I said talking towards my grandparents and cousin. "That, being a maybe, you know how the guys are." Matt said with a smirk. "What do you mean 'how the guys are'?" Asked Nanny.

"On stage the guys are inappropriate." I said. "I think that's an understatement." Matt said with a laugh. "Yeah, I can show you what I mean later." I said then we continued the game. After everything was put away Matt went and called the guys.

A while later he came out and I was standing in the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my shoulder. "So the guys said they would do it. They're gonna practice there for a week then fly here with the crew and equipment. I also talked to the people at the venue, they're gonna let us practice there for a week. Also we are getting a tour bus." Matt informed us.

"Did you find someone to open for the guys?" I asked. "Yeah, guess who it is." He said. "Who?" I replied. "Cass." He said. A smile came upon my features. "Really?" I asked. "Yup." He said then pecked my lips.

"Yay!" I said, Matt laughed at my excitement. "Hey, I haven't seen her in forever and it'll be nice not being around all guys." I said. "Who's Cass?" Asked Dakota. "Cassadee Pope, she's the drummer's girlfriend." I said. "And I love her music so much!" I said.