"You suck," Jason said. He couldn't understand how relaxed she was at this.

"This is on behalf of Alpha Brett," Fred cheered and so did the rest of his pack.

"Let's just get this over with," Jason said.

He joined the middle of the circle to face off Fred.

"Go," Mac cheered.

Fred instantly lunged towards Jason, he spun on his heal just like Mac taught him to, Fred missing by a few inches.

You aren't playing defense, attack! Mac mind link to Jason. He nodded and lunged at Fred, tackling him to the ground. He raised his fist, but Fred sent a jab to his ribs causing him to fall over. Jason jolted up and Fred did a second after him. Both facing off once again.

"Get him, Fred." Somebody from the right shouted.

Fred faked right and then lunged left tackling Jason to the ground.

Help Jason mind linked to Mac. He pushed his hips up, Fred flying off of him. He glared at Mac who just gave him two thumbs up again. Jason sent a kick hitting Fred in the shoulder, he stumbled a bit but kicked out himself hitting Jason in the shin. Fred rushed in sending a punch to Jason's face, followed by a left jab to his ribs, followed by another jab to his left eye. He stumbled back.

Mac help, Jason mind linked again.

You are over thinking this, relax Mac said, although this time she wasn't giving him a thumbs up.

Jason took a deep breath focusing on his surroundings. Fred took a right step forward and Jason took it as his opening. He kicked out his foot landing right in the side of the right knee. Fred fell to one knee throwing his hands out to catch himself. Jason rushed in; right hook, left jab, left jab, right jab, left hook. Fred fell to the ground with an oomph.

"Ten." Mac started to call out, the crowd that wasn't part of Alpha Brett's pack starting to count down with her.

"Nine," Jason looked down at Fred.

"Eight," deep breaths coming in and out from Fred, he was clearly knocked out.

"Seven," he looked up to Mac who had an all knowing smile.

"Six,"

"Five,"

"Four," Jason turned to look at Maddy, she had dry tears on her cheek and now she was smiling proudly.

"Three,"

"Two,"

"One!" Mac shouted cheering with the rest of the pack. They all ran into the circle, jumping over Fred to tackle Jason to the ground.

"You did it, babe," Maddy said crashing her lips onto his.

"Ew, this isn't how dog piles are supposed to go?" Trent said jumping up.

Mac stood up with the rest of the group laughing at the couple that was now making out on the ground.

"That was a little weird," Justin said shaking off the dirt.

Mac looked over to find Gage and Sandy walking back into school, she smiled, she could tell that they were fighting.

"Why do you look so happy?" Katie said looking at Gage and Sandy as well.

"I'll tell you once we are home," Mac said turning.

"We won," Jason said finally standing up. "No war, I saved the day."

"What are you talking?" John said. "This isn't over."

"What?" Jason said looking shocked. "I won that means there will be no war between the packs."

"Oh no, 100% there will be a war," Mac said but she was still smiling, while the rest of the group looked disappointed or confused.

"What was this then?" Jason asked panic.

"I think they call it the first battle," Ethan said. The other group grabbed Fred pulling him back into the school towards the nurse's station.

"He deserved that," Justin said glaring at him. "I only wish I could have done it."

"Don't worry, soon," Mac said placing her hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Too soon," Jazz said worriedly.

"Ouch," Jason said touching his face.

"Come here," Mac said raising her hand to his face. He felt a numbing sensation before all of his pain disappeared. He opened his eyes in surprise, "how did you?" He looked up to see a monster bruise and cut across Mac's left eye.

"Oh just one of my fun powers, I can transfer your injuries to me, healing you instantly," Mac said smiling, but then she grimaced a second later, flinching from pain. "Wow, he did a number on you," Mac said.

"Why did you do that?" Jason said worriedly.

"Because I hate seeing my pack hurt," Mac said a small smile on her face. "Plus I heal faster so this will be gone in no time." Hopefully, in the next few hours, she thought to herself. She wanted to look good for her date, of course, she could disguise it but she didn't want to use that many powers tonight, wanting it to be a normal date.

"Thanks," Jason said hugging her and placing a small kiss on her head. The bell ringing the end of lunch.

"Come on guys, back to class and tomorrow training bright and early," Mac said. "We will all be ready for whatever fight is about to come."