Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Seb’s POV:

“Okay guys, you ready?” I whispered as everyone gathered around Sofia’s bed with her and Joey in it. Joey was awake but stayed in bed to make sure Sofia didn’t wake up. Cole counted down from three and we began to sing in unison.

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Sofia, Happy birthday to you!” We sang, prolonging the final note, we actually sounded pretty good. Sofia was grinning at this point and insisted on a group hug. After the hug was over, Grace and Cole slipped out of the room to get everyone’s presents and her cake. We really put a lot of effort into this considering she hasn’t had a decent birthday for years.

“You guys are the best friends anyone could ever ask for!” she wailed with a massive grin on her face. Grace and Cole returned, armed with bags of presents and a cake with 18 candles, all lit.

“I know you’re meant to sing happy birthday when the cake’s lit but I forgot to bring the cake in, sorry!” Cole apologised, placing it on Sofia’s lap. There were tears welling up in her eyes with joy as she blew out all 18 candles with one breath. She had a large, circular chocolate cake which had ‘Happy 18th Birthday Sofia!” written on it in blue icing. We put the cake to one side and presented Sofia with all of her presents.

“Oh my God, guys you really didn’t need to do all this.” She giggled, a huge smile spread across her face. She picked up the first of the 5 bags; it was a metallic silver colour and glittered in the sunlight. She opened the label and it read ‘To Sofia, Happy 18th from Max J’

Sofia shot a grin in Max’s direction as she began to peel away the paper of her first present. It revealed an iPhone case which had the headlights and badge of a retro, teal Volkswagen Campervan. Sofia was incredibly excited by this and leant forward to give Max a hug.

“Thank you so much, I love it!” she squealed.

“It’s fine, I’m glad you like it!” Max chuckled in response. She unwrapped the rest of Max’s gift which were some nail varnish and the album ‘Feel’ by ‘Sleeping with Sirens’ which she was incredibly grateful for.

Cole had got Sofia a ‘Pierce the Veil’ t-shirt and a signed copy of ‘The Fault in our Stars as she seems interested whenever Cole talks about it.

“Is that John Green’s signature?!” Sofia exclaimed. Cole giggled and nodded and she chucked her arms around him. “Thank you thank you thank you!” she yelled in excitement. Next it was Grace’s gifts. Grace had gotten Sofia a Ramones T shirt, a copy of ‘Bad Grandpa’ and a giant box of Kinder chocolate from the duty free at the airport in Germany. Again, Sofia was stoked to receive this from Grace, once again throwing her arms around her shoulders in excitement. Next up was my gifts; I gave Sofia a copy of ‘AM’ by the Arctic Monkeys along with a black pair of vans style shoes. Sofia once again said her thank you and moved on to Travis’s presents. He had given her a ‘Muse’ poster along with a t shirt and another iPhone case, but this one looked as if it was made of a light wood, but on the back had a Pokéball, Sofia loved it and engulfed Travis into a hug. Everyone else joined them and we all ended up in a heap on her bed.

“Thank you all so much, I love everything and I couldn’t have wished for anything more. You guys have accepted me so well and are like the family I’ve missed.” She cried, a single tear rolling down her cheerful face.

“It’s totally fine, except that’s not all!” Joey told her, a smile across his face.

“You can’t be serious.” She said in disbelief.