Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Joey’s POV:

It was our second day in Germany. I was awake before Sofia and her body was lying peacefully beside mine. She had her hand underneath her head; I noticed the faint white scars on her forearm and immediately felt so bad for her. Nobody deserves to be put through that and I am so proud of Sofia for recovering. I decided to wake her up with a kiss; she seemed quite shocked at first but smiled at me afterwards.

“Hey.” She whispered, stretching a little.

“Hey.” I replied smiling at her.

“Is the show tonight?” she asked in her tired morning voice.

“Yeah, but we’re really close to the venue.” I told her whilst playing with her hair. Sofia nodded and reached over to her phone.

“Oh for fuck sake.” She said when she unlocked it. I already guessed what had happened.

“Can’t you block his number or something?” I questioned, genuinely concerned. If anything happened to her, it would break my heart into a million pieces.

“Joey, even if we had a restraining order on him, he would find a way to get to us. Then again it’s worth a shot, why don’t we change my number today?” she suggested. I immediately agreed and we both crawled out of bed to get ready.

Once I was ready, I went and sat in our pathetic excuse of a kitchen. I saw Travis, Max and Seb were all gathered around eating and chatting.

“Where are Cole and Grace?” I asked, grabbing myself an Oreo from the packet they were demolishing.

“They left to go to the venue already. Where’s Sofia?” Max said.

“She’s still getting ready, we’re going to change her number today, and hopefully it’ll get rid of Alex.” I said. I heard our bedroom door open and footsteps come towards the kitchen, I knew it was Sofia. She appeared in the doorway looking amazing. I was such a lucky guy.

“So are we going now or what?” Travis asked, everyone nodded and we left the hotel room. I took Sofia’s hand as we walked out of the hotel into a summery day in Stuttgart.

“Can we find a phone shop please?” She asked, looking up at me worriedly.

“Of course.” I replied. We told the others where we were going and left them to make Sofia safe again.

A while later, we’d arrived at the venue with pizza for everyone’s lunch.

“You brought pizza, oh, you guys are perfect.” Travis screeched whilst dragging Sofia and me into a hug. Everyone came over once they’d heard Travis’s excitement.

“So have you changed Sofia’s number?” I was asked by Grace. I nodded.

“Yeah, I just hope it makes a difference. All I want is for her to be safe.” I replied.

“I think we all want that.” She said smiling at me. Everyone else was making their way backstage before Grace and I had noticed.

“Grace, I need your help.” I told her.

“Anything.”

“Okay, it’s nearly Sofia’s birthday, I want to surprise her with a party. I’ll explain in more detail later but if you can make sure nothing gets out to her, that’d be great.” I informed her. I had been planning this for a while now, there are so many ideas to put together and having that extra helper is going to make this so much better for Sofia.