Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Sofia’s POV:

I woke up in Joey’s arms; he was still sleeping so I decided to just cuddle him. Just over a week ago, I was waking up with new wounds each day, being treated like shit and feeling unwanted every single day. It’s crazy how my life has changed. I’m going out with Joey Armstrong, I’m best friends with the entirety of Emily’s army and I’m not living in what felt like hell. I don’t think I could ever show any of the boys how grateful I am for everything they’ve done.

I felt Joey stir a little, his eyes flickering open

“Morning beautiful” he whispered sleepily, placing a kiss on my forehead.

“Morning.” I replied, smiling at him.

“What’s the time?” he asked, releasing me from his grip so I could look at my phone.

“Ten thirty.” I said in a hushed tone. We decided to get up as our flight was at one and we still needed to pack.

I walked into the tiny kitchen to see Cole pouring himself a glass of water.

“Hey.” I said taking him by surprise.

“I didn’t see you there.” He replied, smiling at my sly behaviour. We chatted for a bit before I finally dragged myself to my room to begin packing. I just chucked everything into my suitcase but carefully placed my camera into its bag and on top of everything else.

Once everything was packed and we were on our way to the airport, I remembered that we were meeting Seb in Barcelona. I saw him at the concert in London but we’d never spoken. I remember there was a girl hanging around by him at the show but I didn’t put much thought into it at the time. Everybody was minding their own business, Max was humming along to whatever was on the radio, Travis was listening to his music, Cole was reading ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ and had his headphones in and Joey had fallen asleep. As I was just sat there, I decided to talk to Max.

“So what’s Seb like?” I asked, hoping he heard me.

“He’s a cool dude. I think his friend is coming on tour with us, none of us have ever met her before but it’ll be cool for you to have female company I guess.” He replied casually.

Max and I kept a conversation until we arrived at the airport. Everyone got their suitcases and instruments and made their way to the baggage drop off.

I felt myself getting more and more nervous. I hate flying, the take off, the landing. Every second of it just scares the shit out of me. I think Joey saw me getting nervous as he gave my hand a squeeze. We made our way through security and took our place in the seats by our departure gate. We’d stocked up on sweets for the journey at the terminal so at least I had something to take my mind off of the flight. I’m pretty happy it’s only an hour and a half flight because it’s not too long. Before long we were boarding the plane and I was almost crapping myself. Luckily I was sat in between Joey and Travis so at least I had good company to keep me calm. The plane was being taxied onto the runway and I was almost in tears.

“Sofia, don’t worry.” Joey said placing a kiss on my lips.

“Guys, I appreciate Sofia is scared and all but you could save that until I’m not around.” Travis said sarcastically which calmed me down a little.

It seemed like forever until I found myself at passport control, another hellish flight was finally over. Seb and his friend were just through the doors waiting for us, I have to say I’m pretty damn excited to meet them. We had just got our bags and all the instruments off of the carousel and put them onto the trolley. Max was running about pushing the trolley, Cole and Travis making sure the instruments didn’t fall off. Joey and I walked just behind them, his arm around my waist. As we walked through the doors, Joey let me go and ran over to a tall blonde guy with a girl no taller then myself with hair a mixture between brown, blonde and ginger.

“SEB!” I heard Joey yell engulfing him into a powerful hug, followed by everyone else apart from me and the girl.

“Hey!” Seb finally said after everyone had let him go. “I guess I should introduce a friend of mine. Everyone, this is Grace, Grace this is Joey, Travis, Max, Cole and I’m not entirely sure who this lovely lady is.” He said winking at me.

“Hey back off bro.” Joey said jokily hitting Seb’s arm.

“Ah, she’s your girl.” He said giving Joey a nod of approval.

“Hey I’m Sofia.” I announced.

We made our way to the taxi that was waiting for us and put all of our stuff into the boot. Whilst the guys and Seb had a catch up, I decided to chat to Grace.

“You looking forward to the tour?” I asked her.

“Yeah, you and Joey are pretty cute by the way.”

“Thank you! So how do you know Seb?”

“Our dads worked for the same company and our mums happened to be in the same gym and became friends before we were born. We’ve gone to school together and he asked if I wanted to come on tour with him so I thought, why not!” Grace explained.

We chatted for some time, it turns out we have a very similar taste in music which is always great in a friendship. The hotel we were staying at was a massive building with a huge blue pool. I could tell that our stay in Barcelona was going to be good.

Later on that evening, everyone met up in the restaurant that was in the hotel. We sat around a large wooden table and chatted about how great the tour had been so far. I got to know Seb a bit better, but I also got to know Grace better. We agreed to go shopping one day to get away from the guys for a few hours. When I was talking to her, I felt something was different. Not in a bad way, but her attention seemed to be elsewhere.

“It was cool talking to you, I guess we can chat more tomorrow.” She said, looking right over my shoulder. I agreed and turned around once she’d gone back to her room. There was nobody behind me so I just dismissed it and went to my room.

“What do you think to Seb and Grace?” Joey asked, untying his shoes.

“They’re both pretty cool, there’s something about Grace that I don’t quite get but other than that they’re awesome.” I told him.

Once I had taken a shower and changed into one of Joey’s shirts, I collapsed onto my bed.

“Since when could you wear my shirts?” Joey questioned walking in and joining me on the bed.

“Sorry, I just like the vaccines.” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.  Joey climbed under the duvet cover to which I joined him. I buried my head into his chest, just like the night in the truck.

“Sofia.” I heard Joey say, he was running his fingers through my hair.

“Yeah.” I replied cuddling him.

“I- I love you.” He stuttered. Holy shit. Butterflies had seizures in my stomach, was he being serious?! I sat up and look him. He sat up as well looking nervous.

“I’m sorry was that too soon? I’m sorr-“

 I shut him up by kissing him. I pulled away and grinned at him.

“I love you too.” I whispered. Joey is everything I could ever ask for, and for him to tell me he loves me means the world.