Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Sofia’s POV:

It’s the morning after the flight to California, which means my first morning in Joey’s apartment. The flight here was long, painfully boring and torturous. But oh boy is it worth it. I’m protected from my dickhead of an ex boyfriend and my father and I’m in an apartment with my amazing boyfriend which happens to be in Oakland, California. I laid my head on Joey’s fluffy pillow and allowed thoughts of my new life, away from everything I’ve ever known, fill my head. I felt Joey’s arms tighten around my waist indicating that he’s awake.

“Morning Joey.” I whispered, rolling over to look into his chocolate orbs.

“Hey. You sleep okay?” he asked, placing a kiss on my nose. I nodded and smiled at him.

“You wanna get some breakfast?” he suggested. I couldn’t object. I haven’t eaten since I was at the airport in Amsterdam last night. We rolled out of bed and decided to get ready. I put on my ‘Pierce the Veil’ shirt that I got for my birthday. I paired it with some high-waist black shorts with the shoes Seb bought me. I literally wear them everywhere! I walked out into Joey’s mini-kitchen to see him frowning at the inside of the fridge.

“What’s up?” I asked him, making my way over to him.

“It appears we have no food.” He complained, folding his arms as he shut the fridge door.

“You wanna go to the shops?” I suggest, Joey shrugged and replied with a simple

“I guess we have to.” So it was settled, Joey and I made our way to a nearby supermarket.

We stepped outside and I was smothered by the Californian heat. Man this will take some getting used to. Joey’s face lit up as he was finally re-united with his car. We took our places in the two front seats and began our drive to the store. It was only a five minute drive before we emerged in the car park. There were only a handful of other cars, most likely staff. We parked fairly close to the entrance and grabbed a trolley.

“Okay, what kind of stuff do we need?” I asked Joey as we were presented with aisles of glorious food. He turned to face me and looked straight into my eyes.

“Everything.” He whispered, smiling a little at the end. Little did I know, he literally meant everything. We drifted around each aisle, riding on the trolley like little kids; it’s a good thing there are not that many other people around. Everything was going well until we stumbled across the sweets and biscuits. I followed Joey’s line of sight to the Oreos, this shopping trip just got expensive. We must have put at least fifteen packs into the trolley, they won’t last long. I’m sure we’ll be back to get some more tomorrow.

Around half an hour later, we had returned to the place I’m beginning to call ‘home.’ All the shopping was unloaded and Joey and I were about to leave again and I was beginning to get nervous. Although I agreed with where we were going, it did scare me. What if they don’t like me? What if I do something wrong? No it’ll be fine, just be you. Joey could tell I was nervous; he pushed me against the wall and kissed me. He pulled away, but only a few centremeters from my lips.

“It’ll be fine.” He whispered before kissing me again.  He really calmed me down and we set off for Joey’s parent’s house. Not only have I been a fan of Green Day for as long as I can remember, but for years my bedroom walls were covered in Joey’s dad’s face, I was jealous of Adrienne for having such a beautiful husband. And now, I’m in a car on the way to their house as their eldest son’s girlfriend. Crazy, right?