Chapter 10

Kiss /kɪs/ to touch or caress with the lips as a sign of love, sexual desire, or greeting.

We were a few minutes away from my apartment and we had spent the whole journey here in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence however there was a few times that we would make awkward eye contact and I would turn away quickly avoiding his gaze.

I hadn't really paid any attention to what he was wearing until now; he had a plain black jacket with the hood up doing its best to protect his hair from getting wet. I had only ever seen Lukes arm, neck and hand tattoos until now, his dark swirls covering his stomach and chest were visible through the thin layer of white cotton which hugged his toned body tightly because of the rain. When I looked back up to his face I noticed that his usual perfectly done quiff had fallen onto his forehead messily and was sticking up in all different directions, I watched as the droplets of water fell onto his dark eyelashes and he blinked the water away. His nose was a light shade of pink and his lips were trembling but he still looked completely and utterly flawless. As I watched him pull his sleeve up to his eyes and forehead to wipe away the droplets I realised that I was in the car with Luke Hemmings while I was looking like a drowned rat. Great. I hadn't realized that the car had stopped until Luke turned to me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked feeling even more self-conscious than before as his deep blue eyes stared into my dull blue/grey ones.

"You have been staring at me for almost this whole car ride" his smirk grew with every word that he said.

"No I haven't, I was just observing" I said feeling relieved that he wasn't laughing at how terrible I probably looked right now.

"Whatever you say love, you get the cat and the carrier and I'll get your shopping, go straight up and I'll meet you there in 5 minutes" I was going to offer to carry some bags but the quicker I got to my apartment the quicker I could make myself look at least half decent.

As soon as I got into my room I placed the cat carrier onto my bed and opened the door although the poor cat was too frightened by the new environment to come out yet, which was understandable since he had never left the pet shop before. I walked over to my mirror and when I saw my reflection I actually wanted to cry. My hair, much like Lukes, was sticking up in all directions and stuck to my cheeks with water and all of my clothes where dripping wet. My eye makeup had run under my eyes slightly and the rain had washed away my skin products. I left the door open for Luke which was probably a bad idea but he shouldn't be long so there was no harm in leaving it open for a few minutes, it's not like I have anything worth stealing anyway. I wrote a note and out it on the counter telling him I would be in the shower. I locked my bedroom door and went into my on suite locking the door behind me again, just in case. I peeled the wet, uncomfortable clothes off of my cold shivering body and stood under the hot steamy water running from my shower head.

After my 10 minute long shower I quickly dried my hair as well as I could and wrapped a towel around my now dry body. I walked into my bedroom to get some clothes to see that my door was wide open. A wave of shock ran through my body and I ran and slammed the door shut and locked it like I had sworn to myself I had done only 20 minutes ago. I turned around to go to my dresser to see Luke on my bed with his back rested on my head board and my kitten in his lap. I let out a high pitched squeal and ran back into my on suite not knowing where else to go. I heard a low pitched, deep chuckle come from my bedroom and I peeped around the corner to see a shirtless, damp skinned luke hemmings sat on my bed playing with a kitten.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" I questioned him trying to hide the embarrassment in my voice. When luke saw that I was watching him he picked up the kitten and put him at the other end of the bed and despite its attempts to get back onto luke lap he just kept pushing it back away seeming uninterested.