Chapter 4

Define jealousy; /'d3elesi/ feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table, I was too tired to open my eyes properly so I had to feel around to find it, knocking a few things onto the floor while doing so. I finally grabbed my phone which was surprisingly still ringing and answered it, not taking any notice of who it was that was calling me at this time.

"Hello" I said in my groggy morning voice waiting for a reply.

"Don't tell me you just woke up Amelia" I heard Jonah's disappointed voice echo through the speaker. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Why, what time is it?" I asked clueless.

"Its 11:30 and I was supposed to pick you up at 12 so you could buy an outfit for the party tonight. God Amelia I thought you said you were setting an alarm" My eyes shot open when I had realized that I had to be ready in half an hour for Jonah to pick me up. I told him that he could still come at 12 and we exchanged our goodbyes so I could start getting ready.

-

I heard a knock at the door at around 12 o'clock so I grabbed my purse off of the side and opened the door to see Jonah waiting for me. We made our way to his small silver car which I constantly teased him about although it was better than having to walk everywhere. We were at the mall for around 3 hours before I had finished shopping for my outfit for the party and a few other things.

Shortly after I got back to my apartment with Jonah I received a text message from Luke -

Do you want me to pick you up so you don't get lost?

I asked Jonah if he wanted a lift but he said to just get a taxi so we can come slightly later to avoid 'awkward car conversation' as he called it.

I texted him back –

No I'm sure we'll be fine haha see you there

He texted me back almost instantly –

See you there Lia

I was almost ready for the party I was just applying my cherry red lipstick then I would be done. I was wearing a tight black dress which stopped mid-thigh, it had tight sleeves which stopped a few inches below my elbow and it had a chunky gold zipper going down the centre of my back. I wore some gold jewellery to complement the dress and black velvet pumps. I wore my long hair in lose curls and for my makeup I had my winged eyeliner, smoky eye shadow, a small amount of foundation, a little bronzer and my favourite red lipstick. Oh and my falsies of course. I walked out of my bedroom grabbing my phone, purse and faux leather jacket on the way. I decided on the jacket last minute to bring my outfit down a little just to make sure i didn't look too girly and dressed up.

"How do I look? Is it too much?" I asked Jonah as I walked into my living room, nervously waiting for an answer.

"Woah" Jonah paused and blinked a couple of times. "You look stunning." He finished.

"You don't look too bad yourself mate" I giggled rubbing his head, gaining a moan and shove from him for messing up his hair. He wasn't bad looking at all really, his brown hair and brown eyes were enough to make any girl weak at the knees. He kept it simple by wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a navy blue button down and to my surprise he was wearing a pair of black knock off vans, which was a nice change to his white converse that he usually wore.

We called for a taxi and told them the directions, it only worked out to be $8 all together and we split it so it wasn't bad at all. The driver parked a few blocks down due to the cars covering the street. When Jonah and I got outside the house I stopped and took a moment to take in how huge it was. It was a large modern looking white house with a big black gate, like the kind you would see on a horror film in front of a scary mansion or something. It had plastic cups, bottles and cans littering the front garden already and it was only 9. We made our way around the people on the front yard, having to step over drunken passed out people every now and then, and finally got to the front door. I started to get anxious.