Chapter 8

Crush /krʌʃ/ A brief but intense infatuation for someone.

I was a little after 8 when I had woke up this morning to go to work. Last night was pretty much a blur, all I remember was Michael and Luke running around my apartment messing everything up, eating all my food, drinking all my alcohol and doing everything they could to annoy me. I don't even remember them leaving. The last thing I could remember was falling asleep on the couch while the two drunken idiots were arguing over something which I was too tired to take notice of. Although I thought I was positive that I fell to sleep on my couch it wouldn't make sense how I ended up in my bed, maybe I was so tired that I went there without realising.

I heard a bell ring from the door opposite side of the café, or diner I wasn't really sure what to call this place, indicating that someone had entered. The shop wasn't that busy today meaning there was enough staff so I just carried on cleaning the tables and chairs.

I was just about done with the last table before I could go home, get changed and go to the campus when I got a tap on the shoulder making me squeal and turn around quickly making me slightly dizzy. I knew who it was before having to look up just by his height and his scent. Calum. I looked up, my eyes meeting his, realising we were much to close for my liking and tried to take a step back but I just ended up bumping into the table behind me.

"Sorry to scare you love" he chuckled looking down at me with his big brown eyes "I just came in for a coffee and then I saw you so I thought I'd get you one too" he smiled holding up his hand which was holding a small tray with two coffees to go.

"thank you but I don't really like coffee, I'm more of a tea drinker myself" I replied to him, turning around and picking up my cloth and spray so I could put them away and get changed so I wouldn't be late to my first lesson. I could hear his footsteps following me and although I knew he wouldn't I had hoped he would have got the message and walked away.

"Well do you want a lift to campus? The car is outside" He shouted back to me so I could hear him while I was putting my things away and putting my apron on its hook.

"No thanks, I need to go home and get changed" I said looking down at my food stained white polo and my shorts which didn't seem appropriate for school.

"You could borrow my jumper. You're going to be late if you go Home, first lesson is in 15 minutes" He replied.

"Ok" I sighed giving in. I knew he was right I would never have made it back in time. He led me out to the car, Luke's car, and opened the back door for me. As I was climbing in I realised I wasn't alone. Luke was sat in the driver's seat, staring at me through the mirror, he didn't look impressed and I tried my hardest to avoid his gaze, Michael was in the back with me laughing whilst looking me up and down. I heard Calum get into the car and he passed a coffee back to Michael; who was still staring at me.

"What is your problem?" I asked him getting irritated by the grin plastered on his face. He let out a small laugh.

"You're going to school in that? I mean I didn't really like your other clothes but you could do better than this" He smirked pointing at my shirt.

"Oh yeah sorry babe, I forgot, my jumper is in the back" Calum said to me, turning in his seat to face me. Luke took a quick right turn throwing Calum back into his seat.

"What the fuck?" Calum said glaring at Luke. Luke clenched his jaw and mumbled a quick sorry and carried on driving.

I reached into the back of the car to retrieve a plain black jumper like sweater with a pattern in the front and a small label on the inside at the neck saying 'dropdead' which I guessed was the clothing brand. I wasn't sure how to put the jumper on without anybody seeing but then I remembered this car had black out windows so I told all the boys to look away or shut their eyes whilst I faced away from them and swapped my old stained polo top for the large warm sweater. When I turned around I saw Lukes eyes glued on mine through the rear-view mirror making a blush crawl up my cheeks knowing he probably watched me although even if he did he would have only seen my back. I told the other two they could look now and heard Michael mutter "Why would I want to look at you anyway" and Calum turned around smiling.