Fights, of the Physical Sort

Juniper was out again. Fighting Alpha Hunter again – her pride having been dented by Black's words earlier that day. She was determined to beat the Alpha. Even if it was the last thing she did. Even if she only had one working eye. It wasn't actually very hard to fight with one eye. Well, not for her.

Over the years, she'd practiced fighting completely blind, because every good assassin needed good sensory awareness.

She was out of practice, though. Ever since Elder Blythe had taken her to Stonewall, she'd lazed about, doing bugger all of her usual exercises.

She'd gone soft.

Otherwise, she might've been able to at least keep up with Hunter.

Blows kept slipping through her defences, her ears listening as Hunter shouted instructions at her. He'd evidently taken it upon himself to raise her defensive capabilities, and Juniper was grateful for that.

Deep down.

Very deep down.

"Git." She grumbled, stumbling back from the harsh punches the Alpha had just delivered to her stomach.

"We can call it a day, you know?" Hunter sighed, watching as her hands rose back into a fighting stance. "OK, then."

Juniper gritted her teeth, focusing on the Alpha in front of her, trying to crack open the future of their fight.

But the future was stubborn.

Her back slammed into the ground, blood spraying from her mouth as Hunter wiped the floor with her. Literally.

"Shoot." Hunter was at her side in an instant.

"Again." Juniper muttered, trying to rise to her feet, but a certain brunette kept her down.

"Fighting is over for today." He said, his hard brown eyes daring her to get back up.

Juniper, being Juniper, ignored the warning note in his voice.

"Again." She demanded.

"No."

Her fist slammed into his gut. "Again."

"No." He folded his arms, not looking even remotely fazed as Juniper slammed fist after fist into his taut stomach.

"I will defeat you." Blood dripped down from her chin.

"You can defeat me tomorrow." Hunter said.

"No." She shook her head. "I don't have any time to waste."

"Oh, for the love of all that's holy!" He scowled, slamming one well-placed fist into her chest, watching as she collapsed into him. "You're going back to your mate, stubborn woman..." He said. Carrying her up the stairs to Black's room was rather easy. It didn't faze him in the slightest. She barely weighed anything to him. He'd carried more in the Alpha Trials. Way more.

"What happened?" One blonde brow rose as Black answered the door to his room, his eyes falling on his unconscious mate.

"She overdid it in her little fight against me." Hunter said, exhaling loudly as he set her down on the bed. "Your mate is determined. I'll give her that."

"I think I know that better than anyone here." Black mumbled, just as Hunter healed all the injuries he'd caused.

"Sleep well." Hunter said, waving goodbye as he walked out of the door, leaving the two alone.

Black pulled off his shirt, staring longingly at the spot next to his mate on the bed, silently debating whether or not to.

It was a rather easy decision, which was why he whipped off his trousers, wrapping his arms around his mate as he snuggled into her back, enjoying the comfort and peace her touch brought to his addled mind.

And that was what Juniper woke to the next morning.

A very shirtless, slightly cute, sleeping Black.

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Short chapter, I know...

Forgive me.

I'll make up for it next time, I promise.

-----