Elders and Alphas

When Juniper came to, the white ceiling was the first thing she spotted. The next was the white walls, and the white hospital bed she was lying on. A quick glance at her hands revealed that one of them had been cuffed to the rail – a pointless move, seeing as how Juniper had picked the lock in twenty seconds flat. Then she was off, exploring her new surroundings. A quick glance out of the window revealed that she was inside Stonewall Castle on the ground floor. Another mistake. Juniper yawned, swiftly climbing out of the window, landing silently in the small rosebush strategically placed underneath.

"Going somewhere?"

Apparently, the Elders of Stonewall Castle weren't as stupid as Juniper first thought, seeing as how a familiar black-haired Elder was leaning against the wall, staring sideways at her as she detached herself from the rosebush.

"Come on." A hand grabbed a hold of her shirt collar, lifting her up into the air, drawing Juniper's attention to another fact.

"You changed my clothes."

"Actually, I think that was Finar's mate." He said, carrying her back into the castle via the front entrance, greeting the Alphas and Elders who sat in the entrance room. "Look who I found in a rosebush." Blythe said, depositing her in the armchair next to his.

"Princess Juniper." The black-haired Elder with the pale blue eyes stared at her curiously from where he sat on the white sofa. "The Devil of Ishgard." He smirked. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Leopold, I presume." A small grin graced Juniper's face. "The old Alpha King... Has anyone told you how much you and your son look alike...? You're practically twins."

"It's one of the first things people tend to notice."

"I see." She said. "How's your son...? Enjoying his time with his mate, I presume, after that nasty little battle at Blagmoor a few months ago..."

"I suppose word of it even reached Ishgard's ears..."

"Hardly." Juniper said. "I just know a lot more, compared to the general public..."

"And knowledge is power, isn't it?" Leopold smiled grimly, his eyes darkening.

"Of course." She sat back in the comfy white armchair that matched the long sofas in the entrance room. "It's like the saying goes... Know thy enemy."

"You're as dangerous as they say, I see."

"You haven't seen anything yet." She sighed, taking the cup of tea Blythe passed over to her.

"What do you want with the Pack?" Pale blue eyes narrowed on her darker ones. "I presume there must be a reason, seeing as how you convinced your siblings to sign the agreement."

"I simply wanted to protect the country, and this was the best way to do that." She shrugged. "I don't expect you to understand."

"I don't."

"Probably because your brain is too small."

"Ouch." The brunette with his hair tied back in a ponytail mumbled.

"I'm guessing you know the reason you've been brought here already, don't you?" Leopold continued, not looking fazed in the slightest. "Seeing as how you're so smart."

"Of course."

Leopold tilted his head. "Enlighten me, then."

"Because I'm a threat..."

"Not entirely."

"It's true though." She said. "I put the whole world at risk simply by existing... because the fact that I exist, also means the Light God's Chosen exists in this time too..." Juniper drawled, watching as Leopold's hand edged towards the gun in his inner pocket. "And if we fight, then we could destroy the whole world."