One Mood: Mixed Feelings

A/n: Thanks to the amazing @hufflehulk for the awesome cover! She has a cover book if you'd like a cover i'd give it a look she's the best! Honestly the cover kinda makes me wish I was better at writing and this book was better then it is.....oh well. 

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

~Before...(age 8)~

I sat down in the hospital my small brain couldn't comprehend the news...My father had gotten into a crash and now...nothing. I sat outside his room in a stupid blue plastic chair. I could see my mothers lips moving but I couldn't hear what she said to the nurse. Maybe it was for the best....

"Hey, Mr. Moony." I whisper. The tears fall from my eyes but no one around notices they're all in a rush. The beeps died down and it was my time to tell him goodbye. 

I sneak into his hospital room and walk over to his hospital bed while fidgeting with the too big mood ring in my small thumb. "Hey, Mr. Moony...." there came no reply.

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

~Two years later...(age: 10)~

I lay on the grass and watched the moon and stars. My eyes grew heavy....

"VIOLET! GET INSIDE RIGHT NOW! YOU'LL GET SICK!" My eyes flew open...caught once again. "But mom...it's a full moon!" I protest. I just wanted to be with him, is it that bad? 

She stopped for a second before replying. "Doesn't matter! Now pick yourself up let's go!" 

I sigh. "Bye dad." I mumble giving the moon one last look. I stand up and walk in the backdoor my mother was holding open. "Now get in bed and stay there this time." I nod my head and keep walking.

Was it really THAT bad to want to sleep with the stars and moon? I don't see the problem. I woke up the next morning and could hear my mom on the phone. 

"Well I'm sure she will grow out of it and get over it. Why? Well because she has to accept it eventually."  Is she talking about me? Grow out of what? 

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

~Now....~

I grab my bag and hurry to the car. I'm gonna be late...I'm gonna get fired. I push myself into the passenger side and yell at Raygan to hurry. Ray laughs and backs the car down my driveway.

"Chill Violet, we'll make it." She says glancing from the road to me. "This is the last time I'm believing you." I say laughing. She laughs at me and turns on the radio.

Ray was driving like a maniac makes me wonder if she's secretly from New York...probably. At this rate we'll be dead before we even make it to work so at least we won't have to be fired. She speeds passed another stop sign and right into traffic. "Raygan!!!" I yell grabbing onto the handle on the ceiling for dear life. 

"What?" She says half laughing.

"We're gonna die!" I yell at her. 

"Oh relax."

"Did you just tell me to relax, oh now you're in for a treat, I'm n-" she cuts me off. "We're here." She says proudly while parking the car in our parking lot. Sometimes I question her normalness.

I unbuckle and try to get the dizzy feeling out of my head. Ray didn't seem fazed at all she walked right out of the car and slammed the door behind her.

She walked towards the Jimmy Johns before stopping in her tracks and turning to see if I was coming. I rub my head and get out of the car.

I close the door behind me and catch up to Ray. She laughs at me. "Get used to it." I'll never be used to it. I roll my eyes and follow her inside.

We check in and begin the slow day of work.

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

"So how's your boyfriend, Felix?" My coworker/friend Liam asks. 

I shrug. "Normal I guess. We're going on a date later tonight though."

"Ooo, that sounds like fun." He encourages. A smile finds its way to my face. "I know I can't wait! He's taking me to a park for a picnic." He smiles as wide as me.

"Well you two have a good date." He says before walking over to take an order.

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

It was a rather slow day of work which mostly consisted of me talking to Liam and Ray.

"I swear she's out to kill me. You should have seen how she drove here this morning." I tell Liam about Ray's driving 'skills' as she calls them.

Liam laughs and wipes down a table. I continue my sweeping while humming along to the radio.

Ray turns the radio up and starts screaming along to the lyrics. There was no one but workers in the building so instead of yelling at her we all yelled out the lyrics with her. 

Honestly, it would be hilarious to record everything that happens here we are all really close and are always doing crazy crap.

The end of my shift comes along and I clock out. "Bye." I tell Ray who has to stay another hour to make up for leaving early yesterday. She gives me a slight glare before saying goodbye and going back to work.

══════ ∘◦ ☾ ◦∘ ══════

A/N: What ya think?...I still can't get over how awesome the cover is! I seriously need to make this a better book now...rip me. 

Word count: 944

Love ya! Bye! *disappears but in truth just throws white sheet over head and yells "Disappear disappear disappear!"*