Ch. 27 : Furniture Shopping

They woke up the next morning holding each other blissfully. "Good morning love" Shikamaru smiled, it seemed he had been awake for a little longer than Ray, "Good morning" Ray yawned as she stretched. Ray looked up at him returning his smile. "Aww man" she rolled on her back out of his hold, "what?" he sat up pulling his arm out from under her to support himself. "We have to replace the bathtub" she laughed, "yea, that we do, I'll take care of that" he hung his legs over the bed slipping on house shoes, "really?" Ray sat up quickly, she didn't mind furniture shopping but going to find a new bath tub she would have to do research and size them, it was a pain. "Yea, you just worry about the furniture" he stood up revealing his loosely tied robe exposing his chest. "How am I supposed to do it by myself?" she whined as she rose from the bed as well revealing her own exposure, her breasts were barley covered, "don't worry about it" he retreated from the bedroom, "how am I not supposed to worry about it?" she followed him finding him in the living area near the entry to the house, seeing that Sakura and Naruto were there. "Hey" she smiled, "oh I see, are you two going to help me today?" Naruto had his attention on the ceiling while Sakura had her eyes trained on Shikamaru, "what's the matter?" Ray put her hand on her hip causing her robe to shift. "Ray" Naruto finally spoke up, keeping his attention directed elsewhere, "what?" she crossed her arms covering herself slightly so she wasn't so exposed as she looked back and forth between him and Sakura. "You and Shikamaru are uhh.... not really dressed" he looked down just a little bit so just her face was in his vision. "Oh, well" she looked down adjusting her robe so she was covered, "Sorry" she rubbed the back of her head. Sakura was still unresponsive, with a nose bleed as well, Ray looked over to Shikamaru to see he hadn't fixed his robe "Shikamaru, cover yourself!" Ray hollered, "damn, ok woman" he said as he adjusted his own robe covering himself, kicking Sakura out of her catatonic state. "I'm sorry what were you saying?" she wiped the blood from her nose, "way to go loyal friend, and wife" Naruto nudged Sakura playfully. "How am I not supposed to look, damn" she crossed her arms in embarrassment. "And what about you..." Sakura began but Naruto cut her off, "SHES MY SISTER!!" he yelled disgusted by the thought of his naked sister. "Still she has a damn nice body, I've seen it" she admitted. "Whatever" Naruto leaned against the wall, "anyways" Shikamaru spoke up, "yes, they are going to help you furniture shop" he yawned, growing tired of the current energy. "I don't know why Naruto needs to be here" Sakura put her hands on her hips, "because I need a man there to make sure she doesn't buy a bunch of pink crap" Shikamaru explained, "do you not know me" Ray looked to Shikamaru hands on her hips as well. "Forget it, I'm going to get dressed" he retreated to the bedroom, "I should probably get dressed to" Ray smiled before she followed him she stopped just short of exiting the room though, "wait Sakura come here" she used the door frame to make her movement to turn around quicker, "what is it?" she began to follow Ray, "where are you going I want to see" Naruto began to follow, "I don't think you want to but suit yourself" Ray chuckled, Naruto cocked his head in confusion as he continued to follow them. "Shikamaru, are you decent?" Ray nocked "yea" she heard his voice echo through the door. She entered leading Sakura to the bathroom, "what are you...oh, no, Ray come on" Shikamaru complained, "what a drag" he massaged his forehead. Soon Naruto was following them into the bathroom as well, "Naruto I really don't think..." Shikamaru started but Naruto was already in the bathroom.

"What happened!" Sakura yelled seeing the bathtub, "what the hell did happen yall haven't even lived here a day" Naruto scratched his head. "Well" Ray laced her fingers behind her, rocking back in fourth, "let's just say we broke the house in last night, that not even being a figure of speech" Ray laughed, "damn Ray" Sakura held her hand out for a high five, Ray excitedly took the invitation, "well it wasn't me of course" Ray continued her laughter. Meanwhile Naruto was looking back and forth between the two of them as Shikamaru entered the bathroom as well, "really Ray?" he had his arms crossed, complaining, "come on, I'm not allowed to tell my best friend" Ray walked towards him embracing him. "Whatever" her wrapped his arm around her, his cheeks a shade of pink. "What the hell happened?" Naruto shouted in frustration, "your married, you should know" Sakura pointed at him accusingly, "what does me being..." Naruto stopped giving it some thought. "Oh, come on" he stormed out of the bathroom, "I don't need to know about my sister's sex life" they heard his voice getting further away, "I told you" Ray yelled after him. "I'm going now" Shikamaru let go of Ray, "ok, I love you" Ray hugged him giving him a peck on the cheek, "love you" he kissed her forehead before leaving the room. "Ok, I'll get dressed so we can go" Ray addressed Sakura as she began to put her cloths on, once she did they left to shop for furniture.

"Big furniture first, right?" Ray leaned forward excited, "that sounds right, we can look for smaller furniture and decoration last" Sakura smiled leaning forward in excitement as well.

They found themselves at a furniture shop to begin their expedition, "what about this one?" Ray pointed to a living room set that contained a full-size couch and love seat with an ottoman that were all made of dark brown faux leather. "It's subtle, it suits you," Sakura smiled running her hand across it, "I think Shikamaru will like it" Naruto looked at it lazily with his hands in his pockets. "Then I'll get it" Ray smiled waving down a sales person to claim it before they continued their shopping. They found all the furniture Ray and Shikamaru needed for their home, a dining room set, a lovely table for the breakfast area, two-bedroom sets, the three of them decided one of the extra rooms would serve better as a guest room for the time being. They also got things to fully stock the Kitchen and bathrooms as well as décor for the house, Sakura and Ray mostly took care of that, Naruto would put his word in now and again. Ray had it all delivered to the house. "I feel that was a pretty successful day" Ray smiled walking in-between Sakura and Naruto. "Yes, I believe the house has been fully furnished now" Sakura laced her fingers together behind her back. "As fun as that was I think I'm going to head home" Naruto placed his hands-on top of his heads, "what you're not going to help move stuff in the house?" Sakura leaned forward to put Naruto in her line of sight, "I would but Hinata is scary when she's mad" he flinched thinking about her anger from him coming home late for dinner. "That's ok Sakura, I don't need my only brothers help, you would probably be more suited for the task anyways" Ray teased Naruto, "come on, give me a break" Naruto whined, while Sakura laughed. "It's really fine Naruto, Choji is supposed to come help move it in" Ray smiled grabbing Naruto's hand to pulling him for a hug. "Ok, I'll see you two later then" he waved as he began to walk a different direction, Sakura and Ray continued small talk as they made their way to the house.

As they approached the house they saw Tenten just ahead of them. "Hey Tenten" Ray waved, "Hey" she turned around hearing Ray's voice. "What are you doing over here?" Ray asked once they caught up to her, "well, since there have been fewer mission I had to pick up another job, so I have been making deliveries" Tenten sighed, "That's perfect" Ray squealed, causing Tenten to look at her confused. Ray recognized this so she explained herself "first the job is perfect for you since your such an expert at the summoning jutsu, and we get to share a milestone in our lives with you" Ray grabbed her hand, "how so?" Tenten was still confused, "you delivering to the new house built down the road, right?" Ray asked releasing her hand, "yea" Tenten nodded, "that's me and Shikamaru's house" Ray smiled. "Oh, cool" Tenten smiled her confusion cleared. Once they made it to the house Tenten took a few scrolls and summoned the furniture room by room, making placement far easier than bringing it in from the road piece by piece. Tenten stayed a bit to help organize everything, once all the big furniture had been put in its place, just small nit-picking things needed to be displayed, Tenten, Choji and Sakura left, because it was beginning to get late. "Thank you" Ray waved as they left, walking down the street, they all waved back signaling their departure. Ray walked back into the house to find Shikamaru already relaxing on the couch, "I'm glad you like it" Ray laughed plopping down next to him, "you did a good job" he smiled. "How did your adventures go today?" She turned pulling her leg over his, "well, me and Choji replaced the tub" he spoke with his eyes closed. "I want to go see it" she jumped up hastily making her way to the bathroom, it wasn't long before she came back in the living room. "I see you decided to go with a sturdier build" she laughed, "well I don't want a repeat" he opened one eye watching her approach him as she sat on him, straddling him. "Did you really have to go with steel though" she laughed as she leaned forward resting her elbows on the couch behind him playing with his hair while he placed his hands on her thighs. "Shal we retire to our newly furnished room?" she kissed his forehead, "sure" he stood up quickly taking her in his arms her legs wrapped around him