Ch. 19 : Risky Mission

It wasn't long before a man named Danzo was appointed as the sixth Hokage. Because during the battle against Pein, Tsunade had exerted herself so much she had gone into a coma. Ray wasn't sure what was so bad about Danzo until Sai explained what he could to her. Sakura filled in some of the blanks that she could, because Sai had a seal to keep him from talking to much about Danzo. He was also to attend a Five Kage summit which turned out pretty bad. Madara, Zetsu and Sauske's group attacked the summit. However, before the summit, they found out Sauske had joined the Akatsuki and attacked the Raikage's younger brother who happened to be the Jinchuriki for the eight-tailed octopus. Forcing the Raikage to put a hit out on him, this information had a mixed effect on the people of the leaf village. Ino cried, many were mad to hear he had joined the Akatsuki, while Sakura didn't know how to feel and Naruto was mad that a hit had been put on him, so he went with Kakashi and Yamato to try and reason with the Raikage to pull the hit off, to no avail. Sakura left not to long after him with a team consisting of Sai, Kiba, Akamaru and Lee to find Naruto. Once Sakura found Naruto she told him she loved him in attempt to keep Naruto away from Sauske but she failed, he saw right through her lie. So, she went after Sauske by herself and almost got killed, but Naruto made it just in time to save her. However, before she arrived Sauske had battled Danzo killing him with Madara's assistance. Once all was settled Madara took Sauske away and the leaf group returned to the village. During this time Ray had stayed in the village at Shikuaku's request, since the village had been in such a sorry state he wanted her to stay to fend off any attacks the other nations may attempt.

Where she was there to protect the village she still did other things to keep herself busy, such as small missions and helping rebuild the village. She tried to spend as much time with Shikamaru as she could but they both realized time together wasent a top priority. Luckily though she was sent on a mission with him, Ino and Choji, she was filling in as the fourth member of the team, while Shikamaru was team captain for the mission, she felt kind of weird taking such strict orders from him to carry out the mission, it was a problem at times.

"Ray I know you and Shikamaru are together, but you really need to listen to him he is team captain" Ino walked next to her with her hands behind her head, "I know but I hate it when he gets so demanding" Ray walked with her hands in her pockets. "Really?" Ino looked at her confused but playful, "I would find it kind of hot if my man was so demanding" she laughed, "you would" Ray laughed with her. "So, have you two, ya know" Ino teased, "good god Ino, its barley been a few months" Ray protested, "I don't wanna just sleep with every guy I date" Ino laughed harder, "every guy?" Ray blushed, "Shikamaru is the only guy you've ever dated" Into poked at her, Ray continued to protest embarrassed, "you don't know what guys I've been with" she crossed her arms looking away from Ino. "Oh please, remember you come to me about advice for yalls relationship, I can tell you have never been with anybody" she nudged Ray playfully. "Oh, shut up" Ray rubbed the back of her head.

"I wonder what their talking about?" Choji turned to Shikamaru, they were walking a little bit ahead of the girls, they could hear them laughing but not what they were saying. "I don't know, it's probably a drag" Shikamaru forced his hands in his pockets, "I don't know it sounds funny" Choji looked back at them for just a moment. "Well in any case how is it between you two?" Choji asked as he shoved chips in his mouth, "who?" Shikamaru turned to face him as they continued to walk. "You and Ray" Choji verified, "oh" a small smile formed on his face "I suppose it's good, how am I supposed to know?" he placed his hands behind his head lazily, "I don't know either, I've never been in a relationship" Choji looked up at the sky, "I guess if your happy its good" Choji looked back to Shikamaru and shrugged.