Ch. 13 : Asuma's Revenge

 It wasn't long before Kakashi was able to leave the hospital, Ray played host to some training for Naruto, by host she had to stick with Kakashi who was training him as well at this Yamato character. Tsunade had also released notice that searching for the Akatsuki was a priority she had sent out many teams to find them. Ray didn't like this idea she wished Tsunade would let her join the ranks to find them. Ray's dislike of the idea only grew after some horrible news. Naruto had been training as usual when they had to stop because Asuma had died fighting the Akatsuki, he battled Hidan and Kakazu. She didn't know him all that well but she shared everybody's pain at the funeral, she hurt seeing somebody who was so loved to be taken by her former sensei's. She didn't see Shikamaru there, however she understood, she had heard that Asuma had been cut down in front of him. She decided she was going to do something with or without Tsunade's permission. One night she snuck out of Kakashi's house to go find the pair that had taken Asuma from his beloved students. Once she reached the gate she saw them, Ino, Choji and Shikamaru, she quickly hid herself not wanting to face Shikamaru she still didn't know what her last interaction with him was all about. She then heard an argument break out between the three of them and Tsunade, Tsunade didn't want them to go, talking about how a three-man team was too little to go after foes so strong. Ray could see right through her she just didn't want them to go. Suddenly Kakashi entered the mix saying he would stand in as team captain.

"You can't go! You need to keep an eye on Ray so none of you go!" Tsunade yelled, "oh watching Ray won't be a problem, will it Ray!" Kakashi shouted making sure Ray heard him. This caused Shikamaru's eyes to widen while Ino and Choji looked around confused and Tsunade scoffed, not only that Ray had been standing nearby, but that she hadn't noticed her. 'Damn I got careless' Ray thought to herself as she walked out of the shadows. "What are you doing here?" Tsunade whipped around to face Ray furiously. "Don't worry Tsunade, when she tried to leave I followed her here" Kakashi attempted to cover for Ray but really only made it worse, "you were trying to sneak out! How am I supposed to trust you especially after recent events!" she continued to yell at Ray, "oh bother" Kakashi rubbed the back of his head. "you misunderstand Lady Hokage..." Tsunade interrupted Ray as she attempted to explain herself, "so you weren't sneaking out away from Kakashi's care!" she only became more furious as she began to walk towards Ray. "I suppose..." Tsunade then interrupted her, "you are not doing very good to prove yourself" she spoke quieter as she closed the gap between herself and Ray. "Please Lady Hokage" Ray looked away, "I was wanting to take care of Hidan and Kakazu, but I didn't want to put anybody else in harm's way. I understand how my actions seem deceiving but I promise you that I was only wanting to remove them before they kill anybody else," Ray then quieted her voice so the others didn't hear her, "I feel it's my fault since I couldn't give you information on Hidan." Ray thought to herself after this statement 'but after hearing about his abilities I see why I never trained with him if this is how he battles.' Tsunade's eyes widened but only a bit, "I see" she stated walking back to the group, "go the five of you will take this mission, I will send reinforcements." Tsunade then shooed them away "watch over them" Tsunade whispered as she passed Ray, Ray simply nodded before she went to stand with her temporary team. They then ran off.