Ch. 11 : The Truth

Ray opened her eyes to find herself in the hospital, "how did I get here?" she looked around, she saw Kakashi in the bed next to her just looking at here "Shikamaru brought you here" he seemed a bit angry. "I'm sorry" she lay down looking away from him ashamed, "look he explained everything, well what he could" Kakashi stated, "how did you manage to get yourself into trouble in less than a day" he chuckled. "What did he say?" Ray asked, ignoring his last statement. "That Asuma had left you with him and never returned so you were going to stay at his place for the night, you two were getting ready for bed when a member of Akatsuki appeared, that you protected him before the two of you vanished, he had sought out Neji to find you, Neji had seen some of the battle between the two of you but by the time they made it to you, you finished the battle, they then brought you here to the hospital" Kakashi explained, "I see" she continued to keep her eyes away from him 'who the hell is Neji' she thought to herself but figured now was not the time for such questions. "You've only proven yourself further that you're with the village and have left the Akatsuki behind you" he smiled, "I don't I see how" Ray finally turned her gaze to Kakashi, but wouldn't look directly at him. "Because not only did you defeat another member of the Akatsuki, you protected Shikamaru and the village from an all-out assault" Kakashi explained further. "I'm glad you see what my intentions were and didn't take them negatively, I hope Tsunade took it the same way, but I didn't defeat Pein, just one of his paths" she finally met his gaze, "I see, well Tsunade did find good intentions in your actions, we have already spoken about it" he smiled once more. "Wait, how long have I been out?" she asked sitting up alarmed, "oh it's been less than a day that all happened last night" Kakashi looked to a clock in the room "oh ok" Ray sighed. She then stood up out of her bed, "wait don't you need to recover" Kakashi looked worried, "I'm fine" Ray rotated her shoulder in attempt to prove she was ok. "I guess you have the same recuperative powers Naruto does huh" he shook his head, "so am I gonna be stuck here now?" she went to the window on the other side of Kakashi's bed and looked out it longingly. "More than likely" Kakashi began reading a book.

Tsunade then entered the room, "I'm glad to see you awake" she stated. "I'm sorry..." Ray began but Tsunade cut her off, "don't, your fine, however you will stay here till Naruto's team returns, it's too much of a risk to let you wander around the village evidently, especially when the person supposed to be watching you hands you off to somebody else" she grew irritated the longer her statement went on. "I understand" Ray looked to the floor disappointed, "well just came to tell you that" Tsunade then left without another word.

"Ugg I can't believe I'm stuck here with you" she complained as she returned to her bed, "I'm sorry I almost died" he joked, "you didn't almost die" she chuckled. "Wait speaking of, why do you have one eye with sharingan, and how does it have the power you used?" she sat at the food of his bed, "how I have it, a long story I don't want to talk about. The power I used, how do you know the power came from my sharingan?" he answered her question with one of his own, "well Madara, his sharingan does that as well" Ray adjusted where she sat, sitting with her legs crossed at the end of the bed, now facing Kakashi. "Wait, he uses the same power?" Kakashi sat up alerted, "well, kind of he generally uses it to displace pieces of his body when he's fighting" Ray shrugged, Kakashi was clearly thinking hard when they were interrupted by somebody clearing their throat at the door.

Their attention turned toward it to see Shikamaru entering the room, "Hi Shikamaru" Ray's smiled, happy to see Shikamaru, 'why does he make me so happy' she thought to herself as she jumped up from the bed. "I'm glad to see you're ok" he put his hands in his pockets stopping at the foot of the other bed in the room. "Thanks to you" she stopped in front of him, keeping some distance "so do I get to know now?" he asked sternly. Ray looked at him confused and no longer happy that he seemed upset with her, "know what?" he locked eyes with her, which made her knees go a little weak, "why Asuma was supposed to be watching you and why that became my responsibility" Ray broke his glance sitting on the bed. "Well you know why I was with you Asuma 'pawned' me off on you" she chuckled trying to lighten the mood, "I see what you're doing Ray, I'm not going to drop it this time" he continued to keep his stern demeanor as he positioned himself in front of her. Ray looked to Kakashi for confirmation, "well I don't see the harm now, he won't leave until you tell him and he does deserve an explanation" Kakashi shrugged, "as long as you keep it to yourself, were trying to maintain control over this information" Kakashi looked to Shikamaru with the same stern look, Shikamaru nodded keeping his eyes trained on Ray. She sighed, "I truly hope this doesn't change how you view me" she looked down. He pulled a chair sitting in front of her ready to hear her, she then began her story once more.

Once she had finished she looked to Shikamaru hoping he wouldn't hate her, he said nothing though, for a long time he said nothing, the three of them sat in silence. Kakashi reading his book, Shikamaru looking at Ray and Ray trying not to meet his overwhelming expression. Shikamaru then stood keeping his eyes on Ray, she watched as he stood finally meeting his eyes, it was the most intimidating look she had ever seen, even Madara's deathly glare didn't compare to this. She felt a single tear roll down her cheek as he walked away, "Shikamaru wait" she stood up reaching for him, "Ray!" Kakashi's sudden outburst caused her to direct her attention to him "it's a lot for him to take in, he will come around" Kakashi attempted to reassure her but he wasn't so sure himself, he had never seen Shikamaru act this way.