Ch. 10 : Pein Quarrel

 "What are you doing here" Ray backed up, "I've come to collect you" the man advanced toward her, "can't you just go back and tell Madara you could reach me" Ray shook her head as she felt the wall behind her. "You know I can't" he said stoically, just then Shikamaru walked into the doorway and she could see he was both shocked and furious, "Akatsuki" he readied himself for battle. "What a nuisance" Pein's Deva Path turned around and held his hand out showing Shikamaru his palm "almighty pu..." Ray quickly acted wanting to keep her new friend out of harm's way, "NO!" she yelled as she waved her hand wrapping Pein in chakra cables. Hindering him from his attack if only temporary, she walked up to Pein placing her hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry...Shikamaru" Ray smiled at him before her and Pein vanished. "Ray, no!" Shikamaru yelled before he ran off.

Pein and Ray appeared in an open field not too far away from the village, however far enough as to not pull the village into harm's way "Why did you bring me here? You're only putting yourself at a disadvantage" Pein uttered stoically. "So, you think, I have been afraid of that man my whole life and I know you follow his orders because you think its what's right, but I cannot allow you or him to ruin my new life" Ray readied herself for battle, "are you willing to run your whole life?" Pein asked remaining still. "I won't have to, the Akatsuki and Madara will be defeated" Ray placed her hand on the ground forcing the earth to rise around Pein. Pein easily avoided it only to find himself being forced back towards the ground by one of Ray's shadow clones, Pein recovered as he launched himself towards Ray. She vanished just before he reached her, "Almighty push" he uttered, forcing Ray who had reappeared behind him towards him. She tried to find her footing but she was already in his reach, he grasped her neck as he took his other hand piercing her with one of his chakra rods. She winced in pain as she grasped the arm holding her neck, "I am truly sorry" he whispered, she released his arm opening both her hands forcing them into his arm at different locations breaking it, forcing him to let her go. She fell to the ground, she quickly regained her composure to launch another attack but Pein was already using his power again forcing her back, breaking a tree clean in half before a boulder stopped her. She slid down the boulder to the ground holding her stomach, with her other hand she made a gesture with her finger causing a water bubble to surround him, she then infused lighting chakra in the water. "I hope you find happiness through all your pain" Pein uttered before he fell unconscious. Ray relaxed causing the water to disperse, "I better get back to the village" Ray tried to stand up but failed wincing in pain, "these injuries must be worse than I thought" she leaned back on the boulder as her vision began to fade.

'You're ok Ray' she heard Kurama's voice, 'Kurama' Ray opened her eyes to see Kurama towering over her. 'I suppose I passed out?' Ray lay down still able to look up at Kurama, 'yes, why were you so easy on Pein?' he asked. 'I don't know out of the Akatsuki he was actually nice to me, him and Konan' Ray put her hands behind her head to support it. 'He is still with the Akatsuki though, they will hunt you until they are all gone as long as Madara wishes it' Kurama looked at her concerningly. 'As you said, 'as long as Madara wishes it'' Ray repeated her fox friend, who felt a confused expression flow over his face, 'if Madara can be eliminated Akatsuki will more than likely disband and none of them care about me enough to come after me upon their own accord' Ray explained, 'I see' Kurama nodded, 'that won't be an easy task if you freeze up every time him or any of the other members appear' Kurama teased her. 'I'll get over it jerk, I just didn't think Pein would come after me especially in that manner' Rays eyes grew sad, 'well you better start assuming any of them will come after you at any time' Kurama warned her. 'This freedom sucks, Madara still looms over me as long as he is alive' Ray rolled on her side, 'until he's dead, however now that he is not always around we could start training on using my power' Kurama smiled, 'I would love that but we won't know when he's watching, we still don't want him to know' Ray looked back up at Kurama. 'Ray you have friends that can help you now and the number of friends you obtain will only grow he explained, 'you think so' Ray's smile grew very large. Kurama smiled back at her 'it's time for you to go, your new friends await your recovery' he then began to vanish as her sight went dark.