10.

"You look gorgeous." Theo says as I enter the car. "Like a doll."

"Yeah, Annabelle." I roll my eyes and he laughs. "So, any idea on where to go?"

"First, we go to McDonald's get some food, then, I want to take you to my secret spot."

"And where is that?" I ask.

"A place where I usually hide when I'm feeling at my worst."

"Sounds great." I smile.

.

.

.

STILES POV

"Katherine Marie Stilinski call me immediately, why the hell did you skip school today? I called dad and you're not home either." I leave the message on her phone leaving the school library but the Jeep's engine is smoking. As always, with a wrench and duct tape I try to fix the jeep.

"I hate you." I say to my jeep who's always been terrible to me.

I hear steps praying to be Katherine or someone who can help me, Donovan comes up behind me with a lamprey mouth in the palm of his hand and attaches it to my shoulder making me scream. I manage to reach the wrench on the Jeep so I headbutt Donovan, knocking him loose. I grab the wrench and beat him across the face with it. I run into the school with Donovan close on my heels, without my heart beating like crazy I decide against running up to the second floor and head back outside again. Donovan turns to look for me, and a second maw opens on the side of his neck. I crosse the campus to the library and use my keycard to get in.

The library is under construction so I hide among the stacks. Donovan comes in and finds my phone on the floor. It's buzzing.

"You dropped your phone. It's your sister. Should I text her back saying to meet me in a hour?" he asks, and pockets the phone.

Donovan launches into his villain's monologue.

"You don't really know who I am, do you Stiles? Have you heard about my father who used to be your dad's partner? A bullet shattered my father's T9 vertebra. You know what that means? It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs. Your dad may have told you and Katherine some of it but he didn't say that he was sitting in the car calling for backup while my dad went in alone. Did he tell you that he was too scared? Too much of a frightened little bitch to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures?"

I watch Donovan walk up the stairs to the upper floor, so I listen for footsteps that suddenly stop falling. Donovan attacks me through a bookcase, pulling me back through it. I drop the wrench making me hate myself, and Donovan throws me up against the scaffolding. I elbow Donovan in the face, knocking him down, and then I go to the scaffold. Donovan grabs my legs.

"Don't worry Stiles, I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to eat your legs, but I can't promise I'm going to do the same with your hot sister." he smirks, and his eyes glow white. I see a pin in the scaffolding above me so pull it and the construction materials fall.

When the sound settles, I look down to see Donovan impaled on a pole. Donovan is still alive, though. I put his hands on the pole to save him even though everything he just said, but Donovan growls at me so I stop watching silver fluid pouring out into Donovan's wounds.

.

.

.

KATHERINE POV

"So, this is the place?" I ask.

"Yes, it's old but it's peaceful." He smiles looking at the old house in the middle of the woods.

"I'm not going to find condoms and bras all over the place, right?"

"Who said I use condoms?" he smirks.

"Ew, you're disgusting!" Theo laughs and I start walking faster.

"I'm kidding," he catches me, "I never brought anyone here." he says opening the door.

"Oh, really? And why did you brought me?"

"Because you trusted me." Theo smiles.

"Fair enough." I smile back as we enter the house.

It makes me surprised to see how beautiful the house is. The walls are painted grey, nothing hanging on them. There is a bookshelf, a desk, his bed is close to his window and a there's a big fire pit. But those were the only pieces of furniture in his small house, but it only made it look bigger because not much occupied it. I felt like I could run laps in here and still break a sweat.

"This is really pretty." I sit in his bed watching the rain start to fall.

"Coffee?" He asks taking his jacket off.

"Yes, please." I find myself smiling at him once again. "Your parents know about this house?"

"No, not really. It's my secret place, I told you that."

"I may steal your secret place, now."

"Why is that? I thought you had the perfect life with perfect friends and family." He said without taking off the smile on his face but clearly shady.

"You know nothing about me, do you Theo?"

"I wouldn't exactly call you my best friend" he replied.

"So you're saying you have friends?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes, giving me a look that made smile really proud of my sarcasm's ability.

"You don't know me either." Theo countered.

And that was the truth, I don't know him but I know is presence is incredibly distracting, and the smirks he's been sending my way certainly aren't helping. Truthfully, I don't know what brings me to the werewolf. All I know is that he is frustratingly gorgeous and I hate whatever it is that makes me want to know him better.

"I guess you don't know that much about me after all." Theo smirks at me with a determined look in his eyes.

"That's why I'm here." I smile.

.

.

.

I spent a few hours with Theo and I found myself actually enjoying Theo's company. I talked as though a new friendship was beginning to grow, which it sort of was, but this felt like it was something different.
I wasn't sure what it was that was bubbling up inside of my chest as he told me little things he could remember from his childhood, or why he smiled whenever I'd speak and he'd stare at me, giving me his complete and undivided attention, but it was nice. It felt warm, and safe. And being in this confined house, I was glad to have someone there with me.