The Shouldering Burden

Alex woke up feeling groggy. He was bounded by metal cuffs and struggling out of them would surely be proven futile.

He was in a room of somesorts, that was for sure, but his blurred vision made it hard to make out the exact type.

"Alex Rider." The ever so familiar voice of Kevin Stoll filled the room. When he smiled, Alex had realised the golden tooth that showed.

"I see you're awake. You've taken quite a nap of..." he glanced at his watch and grinned. "22 hours. That means that you have approximately one hour and a half to save Brookland. Now, you won't be getting it of those cuffs anytime soon if that's what you're thinking."

Alex clenched his teeth. He was desperate. There wasn't enough time.

"Ah. Yegor was never that good of an agent. Not as good as his brother may he rest in piece. I saw through his act right away. Poor man thought that he could fool me. I assure you. He won't be bothering us ever again. He is quite taken care of." Kevin said as he paced around the chair like a predator about to attack its prey.

"What did you do to him?"

"I'm afraid he's joined his dear brother in the grave." Kevin smiled that evil smirk as Alex was wrecked with guilt.

You've caused someone else's life again!

He had to have a plan and fast.

Meanwhile in Breacon Beacons...

"Do you have the location of Cub yet? He might be in trouble." Ben Daniels aka Fox was pacing back and forth in the sergeant's tent as they attempted to track Alex and he was getting very impatient.

"Fox, calm down before I knock you out cold." The sergeant said as they kept tracking. They had placed a tracker device that was swallowed by Alex when he had ingested those scrambled eggs the other day. It was working as Alex hasn't gone number two yet.

"We found him!" Wolf exclaimed and all heads turned to him.

"Well, where is he?" Fox asked.

"Strange. He's somewhere in Germany, Berlin. Its way too far. We'll never get there in time."

"No. I've already informed MI6 of this and they've agreed to send me some back-up. They have a jet that goes fifty mph. It should get us there in time. Hopefully, whatever's happened. We're not too late."