Back to Breacon Beacons

Alex had already been told by Ben that he would be going to Breacon Beacons under the protection of K-Unit. Alex had protested at first but Ben had claimed it was for his own safety and that that way, they could keep a close eye on him. Alex had reluctantly agreed.

So, here he was, standing outside the gates of SAS Army Camp. Alex had once dreaded this place and remembered how badly K-Unit had treated him when he had first arrived. But there was no going back. He took in a deep breath and took a step forward.

They were then briefed by the Sergeant himself upon arrival. "K-Unit. You will be taking care of Cub for the remaining period of his stay here. I trust you will do so. Dinner at the mess hall is at seven. Dismissed." They retreated to their bunkers for a rest. It was close to night and dinner was only in an hour.

Their bunk was exactly how Alex had last seen it. Clean and barren, the bed sheets and pillows were folded neatly. Metal cupboards were placed beside each bunk bed. Alex hadn't brought anything with him. No valuables or property. Not even a wallet.

"Cub. You will rest. And that's an order. We were assigned to take care of you. No fooling around." Wolf ordered and walked out of the tent to have a word about Alex with the Sergeant. Alex sat on his bunk, he laid on the pillow that was not much different than the hospital. Though, he liked it here better than the hospital. At least he could have visitors 24/7.

He stared up at the ceiling.

"Alex?"

"Hmm?"

"We need to talk." Ben replied, sitting in front of Alex.

Alex sat up. His elbows leaning on his knee and he looked guilty. "Alex. Why did you do this?" Alex made sure that no one was around before he said, "I wanted revenge. For all MI6 had done to me. They killed Jack. Right in front of me. They killed her. I know it wasn't MI6 who killed her directly. But they sent me to Cairo. MI6 didn't even send any back up when I needed help. They made me kill. They took my parents. They took everything from me. But I suppose that's MI6 for you. A wolf in a sheep's clothing." Alex didn't cry. He didn't have any tears left. They were dry tears.

The mess hall was the last place Alex wanted to be. There were all the units. D-Unit. X-Unit. Y-Unit. They were all there. K-Unit sat beside D-Unit. Alex sat in his seat, trying to avoid the eyes of the other unit members. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Cub himself. Look who let the cat dragged in." A man with blonde hair from L-Unit snickered. "Leave him alone, Leopard." Ben defended, standing in a protective position in front of Alex. The rest of K-Unit did the same, sending him murderous looks.

"Leopard. Leave Cub alone." Cobra, the leader of D-Unit commanded. Everyone had stopped to see what all the commotion was about. "Stay out of it, Cobra! Before I kick your ass." He snarled. Cobra was an Afghanistan man with black hair. He was nothing like Ash, Alex's Godfather. "Oh. You really wanna see how that'll go?"

They were about to go all out on each other when the Sarge's voice boomed, echoing across the mess hall. "ENOUGH! COBRA! LEOPARD! BOTH OF YOU WILL REPORT TO MY OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!" Both men grumbled but followed the Sarge out of the mess hall reluctantly. Leopard kept casting Alex ugly looks on the way out.

Alex said nothing to all this. He didn't even show any hint of sadness or anger. Instead, he just ate his dinner quietly, as if he hadn't heard a word that was said. Nothing was said throughout the entire dinner.