Hiding Facts

Moscow, Russia

Yegor Gregorovich walked out of a pub. He was wrapped tight in a brown leather tweed jacket along with a pair of levi jeans. He held a small bag of groceries in his left hand while the other struggled to unlock the bumper of the car.

He placed the brown paper bags into the trunk and closed it shut. Getting into the car, he started the ignition, the engine purring to life. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he fished it out.

Conversation in Russian...

"Do you have the whereabouts on Alex Rider?" The voice at the other end of the receiver was gruff.

"Нет. But we'll keep on looking. Word has it that he's been spotted quite recently in Berlin and, although they could be wrong. There are thousands of teenage boys that have blonde hair."

"Alright. Be sure to locate him. Do not become a disappointment like your brother was..." And with that, the phone line went dead. There was a long beep as the caller had hung up. Yegor placed the phone back in his back pocket and drove on.

He thought about this. He had recently found out about the long lost brother from Estrov he had never known about. Apparently, Yegor was a year younger than Yassen. He had always wanted a brother or a sister to take care of. He was at first excited to meet his brother for the first time but his happiness was short lived when he found out that Yassen had recently passed on four years ago due to a fatal bullet to the chest. The people who had given him this set of information had traded it in turn for his help. Yegor was now the new Yassen Gregorovich. And he would most definitely not disappoint.

"I will avenge you, brother..."

Alex's POV/

Alex had found a motel with some money he had somewhere in Berlin, Germany. Alex had managed to get on board a plane without any prying eyes. After his last mission four years ago in Cairo, Egypt, Alex was quite the air hazard and all the airports around the world were on high alert to look out for him.

The motel was not too dirty but none too clean either. It had consisted of a small turning fan, airconditoner, a decent mattress which was to be his bed and a simple toilet with a showering cubicle. It's soap was of the cheapest quality in the country but somewhat still usable. His head leaned against the hard pillow after taking a long shower, the cold water doing nothing to sooth his aching muscles.

Alex flipped through the many channels available on the medium sized screen television after hanging up his jacket. The signal was clear and Alex was grateful for the temporary relaxation. For a while, he was deep in thought. Where was he going to go now? He was practically homeless. And underaged at that.

His eyes slowly drooped close as he let sleep overwhelm him.