Suddenly the basement door crept opened and Toni stepped forward. It seemed as if Chanel was unaware of her presence, because she went right on ahead staring at some dresses.

"Wait, pause it! Pause it! What is she doing," the detective yelled as she pointed to Toni who was reaching for something.

"It looks to me like she's reaching for that vase in the corner," one of the officers said. I looked closely, as my mom started the video back up, this time adding audio. Toni knocked something over, pissing Chanel off. Chanel played nice at first but then she went in on Toni, insinuating that Jeremiah isn't mine.

"Hmph," my mother sounded agreeing with Chanel. I folded my lips together and paid close attention to the video. Chanel pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and threw it at Toni.

"99.9% not the father," was all I heard before I had to do a double take.

"Aye rewind that shit," I said, raising my voice. My mother ignored my disrespect and rewind the tape.

"These papers aren't false," Chanel yelled throwing what seems to me paternity papers in Toni's face.

"99.9% not the father," she read.

"That bitch," my moms growled under her breath. I clenched my fist up and allowed the thought of Jeremiah not being mine, to float across my mind.

"She played me," I mumbled as I rewatched the scene over and over again. My moms pressed play on the remote, resuming the video. The TV screen showed Chanel walking away but she didn't get that far because Toni hit her upside the head with a vase. Seeing that, enraged me. Toni knew Chanel was pregnant with my kid and she still did some shit like this. That let's me know that she don't give a fuck about mines, so why should I give a fuck about her dead baby.

"There you have it, one baby mama attacks the other. She just might be down in the basement unconscious. Boys, go do a little more searching down there," the detective ordered. They nodded and all of them except one left out to continue their search for Chanel. My moms paused the video and sat the remote on the table.

"I need to call Danaë and check on her. With that sneaky bitch on the loose, who knows who she's after next," my mother stated before leaving out, with Franklin following close behind. The cop that was left in the kitchen was peering out the window at my overweight neighbor. I mugged him before grabbing the remote to the VCR and pressing play. I needed to see how this shit played out afterwards and how long was Chanel laying on that floor before somebody came got her. I knew she wasn't still down in that basement, my conscious kept telling me she wasn't.

Fast forwarding the television, I stopped when I saw a figure standing by the garage entrance door. I paused it and zoomed in before pressing play. Toni ran towards the garage and pushed the button, allowing the garage to open. As soon as it opened a familiar looking dude walked in. I squinted my eyes and thought about where I knew this nigga from.

He and Toni stood around Chanel having a full blown conversation like she wasn't laying there pregnant and unconscious. My attention went to another person walking in. I immediately knew who this was when they pulled the hoodie from over their head. I couldn't even be surprised by them teaming up with Toni, I just couldn't remember when I knew this nigga from.

My mother and the detective walked back into the kitchen, making me quickly turn the TV off. I could hear them throwing insults at each other under their breaths. My phone rung and Tech's number displayed across my screen. I looked around before answering.

"Bruh did y'all find Nae yet," he asked.

"Yea she good. Aye you talked to Kree yet," I asked, hoping they squashed that bullshit ass beef over loud ass Tiana. Shit was getting hectic and I needed my homies on the same page right now.