Ch.29 Thirtieth

A/N : So I started watching a German series that started airing from year 2002 and still ongoing this year (But just the 260 gxg scenes) Surprisingly, I understand the story without subtitles (cause I can't find any). That's when I realized that... Sometimes you don't need subtitles, you just have to watch and feel the emotions of the characters lol.

Also thanks to that series cause it inspired me to finish my update earlier than usual. So hooray readers, I hope you enjoy my little treat ❤️❤️❤️

HEATHER POV

It's been two weeks already since Pepper and I last spoke and it's also the start of our term break. I won't be seeing her for the whole month and thinking about it makes me lonely.

The image of her crying still appears whenever I close my eyes. I know I hurt her and I feel so guilty, seeing her cry in front of me felt like I'm the most evil person in the whole world. She doesn't deserve to be hurt like that.

I sighed heavily as I gazed at the ceiling. I've been lazing around my room for two days already, I only come out whenever I'm hungry.

"Miss, it's time for lunch" the maid said after knocking twice.

"Okay" I replied before getting off my bed lazily.

"I hope she's eating well" I mumbled while heading to the dining area.

I'm a bit surprised when I saw Jace sitting beside Veronica, he smiled when he saw me. I did the same before sitting beside mom.

"I haven't seen Vincent for two months now and I heard he's already discharged" dad said as soon as I started eating.

"I think it's time for the both of you to talk about marriage" he added when I didn't respond.
I took a sip of my pineapple juice and wiped my mouth before I spoke.

"Oh right I haven't told all of you about me and Vincent" everyone's face brightened. I'm sure they're thinking that I'm gonna marry that cheater. I smirked before telling them.

"I broke up with him" Jace is the only one that didn't look surprised. Actually, I saw a glimpse of happiness on his face upon hearing what I said.

"Why? What happened?" Mom inquired. I sighed because I'm too lazy to explain but I don't have a choice.

So this is it.

"He's cheating on me ever since I woke up. I found out about it when I visited him in the hospital" I explained flatly.

Dad's face hardened, I don't know what he's thinking right now but I hope that he believes me. He likes Vincent so much and I'm sure that it'll be hard for him to accept the truth.

"Are you sure? What if it's just a misunderstanding?" Veronica asked.

"I saw the woman sleeping beside him when I came to visit the next morning" she nodded in understanding and didn't speak afterwards.

"I hope I don't hear anything about him starting today" I added while glancing to dad's direction. Mom pressed my thigh gently and smiled, telling me with her gesture that she supports my decision.

"Sure" Veronica replied with a smile.

I returned to my room as soon as I finished eating. I opened my TV afterwards and smiled when the program is Adventure time, knowing that it's Pepper's favorite.

I already finished two episodes when my phone rang. I picked it up immediately and saw that it's Mischa.

"Hey" I answered with a bored tone.

"Let's play tennis" she said cheerfully.

"I don't wanna"

"You don't have a choice, I'm already on my way to your house" she hang up afterwards to avoid my protest.