Ch.27 Can't remember to forget you

HEATHER POV

Pepper did very good at doing what I requested her to do, another three weeks have passed by so fast and I never saw her face since that day.

I fixed my things the moment I heard the school alarm, our class finished earlier so I decided to pass by Pepper's classroom. I missed seeing her face.

I stopped at the window on her left side, it's a one way mirror so she won't see me staring at her. They're having a quiz, she's frowning while reading the questions on her exam booklet.

"Answer to number three is letter A" I mumbled as if she can hear me. I flinched when her eyes averted on my direction. I know she can't see me, but I wonder if she can feel my presence.

"No she can't" I almost exclaimed in shock when Lee suddenly appeared.

She smirked as she leaned closer, she's really creeping me out.

"Stalking her when you told her to leave you alone, how ironic" I'm not surprised that she knows, she's close with Pepper after all.

"I am not stalking her" I replied as I started walking fast away from her.

My bodyguards are already waiting for me in front of the gate when I arrived.

"She's like a ghost, I didn't feel her presence until she talked"

"What did you say Ma'am?" One of my bodyguard inquired.

"No, let's stop by to subway" I commanded before falling into a deep thought again.

The hospital is busy as usual, I heard on the news that there has been a recent attack on our city Mayor's house. Four of his bodyguards are severely wounded while the Mayor itself is already dead. The media are also starting to build up outside of the emergency area.

I went straight to Vincent's room, he's watching the news when I entered.

"What do you want to eat?" I inquired after I gave him a kiss on his lips.

"Anything is fine" he said smiling as I helped him sit up. I gave him the quarter pounder burger that I bought and a glass of apple purée.

"Where's yours?" He inquired frowning. I'm not really hungry.

"I ate before I came here" he nodded in understanding before he started eating his food.

"The Police suspects that it's Lady Mystique" I just nodded. I don't feel like talking about her.

"Let's go to Japan on your semestral break, I'm sure I've already recovered that time" he said excitedly, changing the topic. Semestral break is near but I'm not really excited because I won't be seeing Pepper for three months.

"Sure, I've never been there before" I replied before wiping the residue of hot sauce beside his mouth.

"I want to go to a lot of places with you. I've been wanting to do that since you woke up from coma" I smiled.

"Sure! I'm gonna make an itinerary for our trip" I forced myself to sound excited.

Don't be like that, you should be happy because he's okay now. He's like that because of you. I reminded myself mentally and I felt guilty again afterwards

"I'm sorry" I said as my tears started to fall.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it's okay, I'm willing to sacrifice my life to you" he replied while wiping the tears on my cheeks.

"I promise you that I will listen to everything that you will tell me. I also talked to Pepper and asked her to keep her distance from me" there's a part of me that wants to argue to every word that I just said but I ignored it.