THIRTEEN

"Can I speak with you?" Gwen gestures to Xander as he is about to leave with Cara.

"Hmm, Sure," Xander stays back.  

"Well, I will just leave." Cara gives them both a fake smile, as she twists the doorknob and walks out. She can't help but wonder what they talk about. Is it about her, her babies? Or are they just fucking while she waits for them at the reception?

How disrespectful.

"So about the test you asked me to run..."

Xander interrupts, "Oh, the babies are mine." He says with certainty.

"I was going to say, it will take a few weeks to do the test because she's having twins."

"Don't worry about, you don't need to." Xander dismisses her.

"No, let me do this for you," Gwen says, putting her hand on Xander's.

~~~

"Twins? Whoa, your vagina is never going to be the same." Cassie mocks.

Cara glares at her friend on the screen, "I can't believe I'm having two kids, I mean I'm still a kid." Cara groans.

"You will be fine, I'll be right here." Cassie smiles at her screen.

Cara shifts her phone a little, "I know." She pouts.

"Where's Alexander?"  Cassie asks.

"Still with that bitch of a doctor, why?"

"I wanted to thank him for the business books he gave me."

Cara jaw drops a little bit, "Back it up a little, Business books? When and how?"

"When you were having your bath yesterday, we talked and I might be interested in business."

"Great, why don't you two get married and start a business together." Cara spits.

"Is that jealousy I sense in your tone?" Cassie wiggles her eyebrows.

"No, it's not." Cara scoffs. "It's my baby daddy is nice to everyone but me annoyance you sense."

"I'll stick with jealousy," Cassie says.

Cara rolls her eyes, "But for real, I don't want to be like those baby mama's that hate their baby daddies and turn their kids against them. Xander might be a jerk but I don't want to have to tell my kids that he's a jerk." Cara looks at her screen to see if Cassie is still listening," Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"I do and maybe you should talk to him about this."

Gwen door opens and reveals Xander. "Speak of the devil," Cara mutters. "I got to go," Cara says, hanging up the video call.

"You have a thing with making me wait for you." Cara stands up from the chair she's seating, as she follows the man who's headed to the door.

"I am sorry," Xander says.

Cara stops walking trying to process the fact that he apologized to her. Alexander fucking Black just apologized.

"Are we going to go or what?" Xander says holding the door open for her.

"Y-yes," Cara says with a bright smile.

~~~

"Good morning Sir." Jonathan greets Xander who walks into the kitchen all suited up and ready for work. 

"Morning," Xander says as he stops in front of a couple of burnt pancakes. He had waited in the garden for a while expecting his breakfast but no one came so he decided to come to the kitchen and see what's going on.