8. a night of answers (part 2)

~~Phil's POV~~

I look up at Dan. I'm baffled. What he just ask me to do? No he didn't ask me he told me. And he really didn't tell me, it seems more of a threat. As in, if I don't leave Mandy, he won't even try to stay. What is he playing at?

"Excuse me?" I ask him. I want... NO, I need clarification.

He looks down, in a scared or guilt full way. It way too late for that. "It's just, you told me you were not happy with her. And if I stay, that's what I want to do, make you happier."

I just stare at him. I'm still very upset and confused.

"Who are you to tell me something like that?" I didn't mean to yell at Dan, but I can tell that I did by the look on his face.

I sit silent staring at the ground for a few moments. I do not want this to be an argument, but I can tell by the look on Dan's face, that this would be less of an argument and more of me yelling.

I don't want to be mad at Dan, becuase he's right,  I'm not happy with her.

Should I really leave her?

I look up at Dan, he has looks scared. I didn't mean to do that.

"If you think that I would be happier, I'll do it," I say to Dan. He looks up with a half smile and nods.

Although this is a horrible way to leave someone, I pull out my phone and begin texting her.

PHIL: hey

I take a deep breath and wait for her responce. It's takes a few minutes, but she responds.

MANDY: hey

PHIL: can we talk?

MANDY: about?

PHIL: you and I

MANDY: what about us?

PHIL: recently I haven't been happy with you.

MANDY: we can work on that.

PHIL: no, I'm saying I don't think I can be with you.

MANDY: so you're just dumping me, out of the blue, over a text?

PHIL: I know, I'm sorry

She said some very hurtful things after I apologised, so i had to put my phone away. I could not bare looking at them anymore.

I can feel Dan place his hand on my shoulder. The only thing I can say is, "thank you."

~~~~~

~~Dan's POV~~

Thank you? He just yelled at me a few moments ago for telling him to do that.

"I never thought I could ever get the courage to do that." He continues.

I just look at him. He looks so sad, like his world has fallen apart. Although, at the same time, he looks relieved, like the weight of the world was taken off his shoulders.

I pull him in for a hug, I want to put the broken pieces of him back together.

We stay in this hug for a while. I enjoy every second of this. The warmth frim him has me melting, it's a good feel. I wish it could last forever.

But, forever was broken when Phil pulled away, "I did my part, not its your turn."

I nod and pull out my phone. It's a simple text and its over.

DAN: Mom, I want to stay here. Thank you for trying to help me, but I've found some hope.

I look up at Phil and smile. I send one more text.

DAN: his name is Phil, I'm sure if you met him, you would understand.

I put my phone back into my pocket. "There you go, I'm staying."

Phil's smile makes me melt again. I just was to kiss him.

Wait.

Did I just think that?

I smile when I look at him, yes I did.

"Want to head to bed?" Phil asks me with a small yawn.

"Yea, I'm getting tired." I lay down next to Phil after he turns the lights out.

"Hey, Dan?" I hear Phil's voice in the darkness of his room.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Can I hold your hand?"

He could not see, but I had the biggest goofy-est, smile I have ever had. "Of course."

Once thoes words escape my mouth, I can feel his hand taking over my own. I hold his hand in a way that feels like I'll never let go.

And, as if this night could not get any better, Phil leans over and plants a kiss on my left cheek.

"Goodnight, Daniel."

~~~~~~

Hey, I'm sorry this chapter is shorter. Just think of it as a 2 part really long chapter. Becuase that is what it really is. I hoped you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment!

XOXO,

Anne.