6. Date?

~~Dan's POV~~

I start running as fast as I can. I can't believe I forgot about Phil. Chris distracted me and.. oh god I feel awful.

 Within a few minutes, I reach the park. I quickly spot Phil. I am only....an hour late. I feel so bad. 

"Hey, Phil. I'm so sorry." I know my apology might not stand, but I'll try.

"Where have you been?" He asks me, I can hear in his voice that he is annoyed at me.

"Chris wanted to walk me home and..." I was cut off.

"So you blow me off for someone else? The least you could have done was called." I look down. I can't look him in the face. I feel so bad, but apparently he can't see that. I can't handle people being upset at me. It stresses me out and reminds me of my Dad. So, I began to cry. 

~~~~~

~~Phil's POV~~

He starts crying. I don't know what I did. I don't know what to do. "I'm so sorry, Phil. I guess I'll just go home. It was nice being friends with you." He turns around and slowly starts walking. 

I feel really bad now. I can't have him just walk off like that, "Dan, wait." He turns around and i pull him into an embrace. If I know one thing, Hugs make you feel better.

Dan hugs me back without hesitation, and I can feel him melt into the hug. This is a nice feeling. I haven't hugged anyone in along time. Not since after.... No Phil, this is not the time to think about that.

Dan pulls back and smiles at me. "How about that ice cream?" 

We both go to get our ice cream. Me chocolate, and Dan got strawberry, and like we said, we are taking a walk. 

~~~~~

~~Dan's POV~~

After the hug, the date goes by smoothly. It's nice. I saw Phil actually smiling to himself. It was a pleasant sight. I hope I get to see it more. I figure that what is happening here is more of a friendly thing, and that's okay. As long as we can do this nore often, I'm good with it.

Phil turns to me and begins to say something but stops. "You can just say it." I ensure him that it's okay.

"You want me to walk you home? It's getting dark."

I smile at him. "I'd love that." He ruffles my hair. "Don't do that, you'll curl my hair!" I giggle.

"I think it would look nice."

"You say that, but you haven't seen it."

He smiles and we start walking.

"Have you ever dated a boy?" Phil asks me, out of the blue. It was random, but it was okay.

"I have, but it wasn't a good relationship." I look down and kick a rock.

"Why not?" Phil asks me concerned.

I took a big gulp. "He abused me.." I try not to cry.

"Oh my god.... Dan I'm so sorry." I don't even look up at him....I can't.

"I still remember the pain, and after I left the relationship, all I could think of was the pain, so I started cutting."

Phil immideatly stopped and turned twords me and grabbed my left arm and pulling up my sleeve. "Dan you can't do this. Please don't."

"It's just really hard Phil." I start to cry and Phil pulls me into a hug.

"I'm here, I'll help you stop." I smile and nod into his chest. I'm glad someone will help. "Im sorry I was ever mean to you." He says.

"I'm used to it. It is alright."

"That does not make it okay."

I just look down.

"How about we just walk?"

I nod and we start walking. "Hey Phil?" He looks at me, "can....can I hold your hand?" I was shaking, my nerves were shot and i needed to calm down.

He nods. I lace my fingers in his. It feels nice, I am calming down.

We get to my house. The door is locked, my dad is out "working late" tonight. I sigh. "I'll just sit on my porch and wait for my dad. Thanks for walking me here, Phil."

Phil thinks for a second. "How about you come spend the night?"

~~~~~

THANK YOU FOR READING AND BEING PATIENT. I'M SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG. I HAVE SCHOOL AND MY GOAL IS TO POST EVERY WEEKEND!
And 650 reads? I'm so shook!