7. a night of answers

~Phil's POV~

It makes me happy when I see Dan smile, becuase I know deep down, I make him happy too. It's a good feeling. To know someone is happy becuase of you. It's something I have not seen in another person in a long time. Dan happily, and nervously, agrees to come over.

We start to walk, and Dan takes my hand again. I don't stop him, I feel like he needs some comfort. It was a short walk to my house, I didn't relize how close I lived to Dan.

"Wanna order a pizza?" I ask Dan, I don't know about him, but I'm pretty hungry.

Dan nods, not saying anything. I call it in and we walk into my house. My house, I could tell, was bigger than Dan's house, so he was taking it all in. "Nice place."

I smile, "thanks."

We kinda stand there in awkward silence for a while. I'm pretty sure neither of us are really sure what to say.

It seams like hours until the pizza gets here. Finally. "Let's take this up to my room."

~~~~~

~~Dan's POV~~

We start to walk up to Phil's room and it's a little awkward because I've never quite been in a friend's house I mean I've also never quite had a friend before. I don't want to make things more awkward so I ask, " am I taking the couch tonight or...?" A trail off not knowing how to finish my question. I actually do know how to finish it I just don't want to, don't want to make it awkward.

" I mean if you really want to but you could just stay in the bed with me." Phil smiles at me. Not sure what that smile is saying. Is it saying I'm comfortable with you? Is it saying it's alright you don't have to be afraid? Is it saying....I want you? I'm not sure of anything at the moment.

" If you are going to be spending the night, let's at least get to know each other," Phil says. I just nod.

"I just have a quick question and maybe a few more. My first one is why did you ask to hold my hand?"

I get really scared, maybe he's onto me. I want to tell him the truth I really do but I don't think right now is a good time. I mean, he has a girlfriend, I don't think he likes me the way that I think I like him. I don't want to cause anything drama or stress in his life. The reason I wanted to hold his hand as yes I was feeling very anxious and worried and it is common for me, but I really just wanted to hold his hand.

"I...uh...was feeling anxious and need to calm down." Phil just nods. I don't know if he really believes that or if he knows I'm lying.

" my turn now, so who's your girlfriend?" I ask Phil as we both take a slice of pizza.

" her name is Mandy. She's much to herself and doesn't have many friends but that doesn't mean she's not popular she just....chooses her friends wisely."

I nod to that. I wish she wasn't in the picture. I wish that I could just to have Phil myself. It doesn't mean it has to be relationship-wise but he could spend more time with me. We could become good friends, but with his popular friends and popular girlfriend there's no way he's going to want to hang out with a Loser Like Me. I guess I'll just have to live with that.

" Phil, I'm actually glad that you had me spend the night tonight. Things that my house aren't exactly....the best."

"What do you mean?"

"My dad...he hits me, and he's out drinking and I don't want to be home when he gets back."

" Dan that's not okay you need to tell someone." In his voice their sincerity. It actually seems like he cares for me, for once in my life someone actually cares about what's happening to me.

I give a soft smile and then quickly frown. "I can't, he'd kill me."

"Well if you can't do that you'll just have to spend more nights at my house."

I look up at Phil, it doesn't seem like he was joking. "Really?"

Phil smiles and nods.

"Well I don't know how long that would be because my mom called me after 5 years of no contact and said that she has a good life with her new boyfriend and wants me to come live with her."

I see Phil frown. It gives me a pit of my stomach did I say something wrong? "Oh, okay.."

"Phil what's wrong? You looks sad."

" right as I finally have a real friend, one that I made on my own, a friend that's not an asshole, he leaves." Phil lays on his bed. "I'm tired, I'm just going to lay down."

Does he actually care for me? Does he actually want me to stay? This makes me happy that he cares for me but I feel really bad now that I'm leaving him he just told me in the first real friend he's ever made.

"It's not like I really want to leave, my mom just wants to get me away from my dad."

Phil dosen't answer.

"There is not much I can do, Phil."

Still silence.

I sigh, I don't want to loose him either.  "I can talk to my mom." Phil looks at me. "On one condition."

I can see in Phil's eyes that he's ready to do anything.

"You have to break up with Mandy."

~~~~~

I HAVE BEEN SO SICK. BUT I STILL MADE THE NEXT CHAPTER. DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT THE END, YOU'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THERE IS GOING TO BE A PART 2 TO THIS CHAPTER!!!!

XOXO,

ANNE