4

The next day for Dan was hard. He was still caught up on what he said to Phil the previous day. Dan hoped that Phil wasn't as bothered with it as Dan was.

But to no surprise, Phil was bothered with it. Not like Dan made him uncomfortable, Phil was more confused for many reasons. 

First of all, I was mean to him. Why the hell would he want to go on a date with me if this was really a date? Phil thought to himself as he walked to school. 

Dan had arrived at class before Phil, that gave Dan time to think about what they would do at the park. Well, I don't want to make this seam like a date. which it's totally not. Anyway why would he want to go a date with me? He kinda bullied me, so him liking me is out of the way. Dan thought to himself as he got side tracked from what he was supposed to be thinking about. What was I doing a second ago? Dan asked himself trying to recall what he trailed off from.

Second, Phil thought, he is him, and I am me. We are completely different people. we like different things. I'm popular, he's not. I like dark colors he's a pastel nerd. He's sweet and kind and.... Phil trailed off in thought. Phil walked into class and saw Dan. And I'm not. 

Dan looked up and Phil and looked back down at his desk. Oh yes, what will Phil and I do at the park. I guess we can just talk, it's the only thing I'm good at. Dan looked up at Phil slightly. Even though I messed that up already. 

Phil took his seat next to Dan. Third, who knows. Maybe he really didn't meant it like that. He looked over at Dan. 

For a moment, the two were staring at each other. It was almost like no one else was in the room. There was something there in that moment that made Dan feel happy.  Dan gave a shy but sincere half smile to Phil. Dan's innocent smile gave Phil a sense of safety. He felt like he could look at it for hours. But those eyes. Phil was finally seeing Dan. Truly seeing him. The seconds shared between the two that seemed like house was interrupted by the bell to start class. 

They both looked down at their desks as if they were embarrassed. 

Dan pulls out a piece of paper and writes a not to Phil. "We are still on for the d̶a̶t̶e" Dan crossed out the word date and finished with "day at the park?"

Phil got the note and drew an arrow to the scribbled out word. "Date?" Phil wrote.

"Yea, i didn't mean to write it. It's just a thing people say." Dan wrote trying to play it off.

"Sure, I'll go on your 'date.' I've never been on a platonic date." Phil wrote back.

When Dan got the note he looked over at Phil and smiled. Phil smiled back.

Little did Phil know, Dan did mean the whole thing. he did ask Phil on an actual date. That comment broke Dan's heart. Dan looked down at his desk.

Well, what did I expect? Him to like me back?

~~~~~~~~

HERE IS THE OTHER HALF OF THE CHAPTER. I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SPLIT UP THE MESSAGES FORM THEIR PERSONAL THOUGHTS. NEW CHAPTER UP AS SOON AS I CAN. I HAVE A LOT OF SCHOOL WORK TO DO IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS SO I MAY ONLY GET ONE CHAPTER UP IN BY THEN. BUT I WILL TRY. 

VOTE AND COMMENT! THANK YOU GUYS!