3. The Truth Comes Out

Phil made his way home, happy for once. When he got home he saw a message from Dan.

DAN: Hey, so what were you trying to say earlier?

PHIL: Well, it's not important now.

DAN: You can tell me anything, I mean, who would I tell?

Phil sighs, he doesn't want to tell him, but he feels like it's time to address it.

PHIL: I'm not happy in my relationship with Mandy.

DAN: Why was so hard to say? You can break up with her if you're not happy. You can find someone else.

PHIL: No, that's not what I mean. I...I'm not sure I like girls, Dan.

DAN: Oh, why didn't you just say something?

PHIL: Because, I'm scared.

DAN: You don't have to be scared.

PHIL: I have just haven't told anyone and I dont know how to talk about it. To anyone.

DAN: So, am I the first person you have told?

PHIL: Yea, you are.

DAN: I feel special.

PHIL: I have always known deep down that I never was happy in relationships. I've only dated girls and nothing has felt right. I just didnt really give it much thought until I met you.

DAN: I....I made you gay...?

PHIL: No! No, that's not what I'm saying. I just didn't think about it until you were very open to me saying you were gay.

DAN: Oh....

PHIL: Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea...

DAN: It doesn't matter. But Phil, you should be yourself. Don't be scared.

PHIL: I can't.

DAN: You can.

PHIL: You don't understand.

DAN: I do.

PHIL: How?

DAN: All I want to do is to fit in, believe it or not, the first 3 years of middle school I was like you... scared and hiding myself from the world.

PHIL: I guess you would know how I feel..

DAN: I do, don't worry though, you can always talk to me.

PHIL: Maybe one day you should spend the night so you can help me figure out my life.

DAN: Haha yea, maybe one night.

PHIL: Well, I guess I'll see you around?

DAN: How about the park tomorrow? After school?

PHIL: Yea, sure. I'd like that.

DAN: It's a date!

Phil never responded. Dan got worried he had said the wrong thing. He probably thinks I like him. God, I am an idiot! Dan thought to himself wondering what Phil was going to say.

After an hour of no messages from Phil Dan messaged him.

DAN: Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

Phil shortly responded bluntly.

PHIL: Okay, goodnight.

And with that, both the boys went to bed after an awkward goodbye.

"Maybe tomorrow he will forget about it," Dan said hopefully. "I wouldn't want to lose my only friend."

~~~~~~

SORRY IT'S A SHORTER CHAPTER. I'M REALLY BUSY BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE. I WILL MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON DON'T WORRY! VOTE AND COMMENT! THANK YOU FOR READING I AM REALLY ENJOYING WRITING THIS AND I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING TOO!