Ch. 43

I could feel as I snapped back into the present.

I was now laying on the leather chesterfield in the common room. Too many familiar and worried faces above me as my eyes blinked open. I could hear as they all sighed in relief simultaneously.

"Here, drink this, Miss. Riel." Professor Slughorn instructed, handing a glass phial to me, that contained a clear liquid.

It seemed to be an energy replenishing potion.

I began to feel better within a few seconds of drinking it, even though I could still feel as my nose began to bleed.

Bella was quick to appear at my side, before quickly handing me a handkerchief to wipe the blood from my face.

I looked around to realize that most of the students had gone back to their rooms for the remainder of the lockdown.

The only students left in the common room were those who were loyal friends to Tom and I.

Tom was stood near the back of the chesterfield, looking down at me.

I could see that a few emotions were playing in his eyes, the most prominent emotion being relief.

"How are you feeling, Annie?" The girls asked as I sat up, resting my head on the back of the chesterfield.

"Tired, overwhelmed... confused," I said, closing my eyes.

"Confused, why? What did you see?" Bella asked, frowning.

'I think I am related to Grindlewald.' I thought, unwilling to let myself recite the words in my still clustered mind.

I heard as Tom let out a sharp breath from behind me. My eyes snapping to his wide ones.

'Not a single word to anyone about this, or consider yourself a dead man.' I thought, looking straight into his wide eyes.

Over the next fifteen hours, we sat motionlessly in the common room.

I was so lost in thought that I completely missed when the girls had left the room.

My mind reeled, trying to decipher the mystery that was my family.

I had too many questions that still needed to be answered.

Were there going to be more appearing soon?

I was told that the Riel side of my family had been wiped out by one of the members after they received the news that my father had perished. So, how was this possible?

I heard a shushing noise, snapping me out of my revere. As I unknowingly began to stare at the dancing emerald flames, in the stone hearth.

Blinking multiple times before I looked around the room to realize that there wasn't anyone left in the room. It was completely empty. Not even the small mouse that usually scurried the empty hallways at night.

I wasn't even in the mood to celebrate anything anymore.

Today had come like a whirlwind from the south, bringing information I didn't want or expect.

The worst part of it all was that I didn't get my bag of sweets from Honeydukes, or my new books on mythological creatures.

I slowly got up from my seat in the now empty common room, and slowly made my way back towards my room.

Slipping off my cloak, unzipped, and stepped out of my shoes before climbing into my bed.

I then pulled a book from my bedside table.