Ch. 25

We watched him as swiftly got up and left, making his way back towards Tom and his croonies.

I let out a tired, slow, deep breath, allowing my head to fall onto my arms in a muffled thump onto the table.

Several moments passed before lifted my head and straightened my posture once more.

Quickly but inconspicuously, lifted up my hand towards the back of my neck, and gently placed my fingertips onto the mark concealed under my long hair.

Causing a warm sensation begin to go through the small mark.

All the while chanting the word Tom had showed me, Morsmordre, under my breath.

I noticed that Bellatrix had raised her hand to rub her neck gingerly, as did the others that I had marked.

"What's going on?" She asked in a whisper, worriedly as she began rubbing her neck.

She began to feel the sensation on the mark turn from a warm sensationto a slight burning one.

"Tom wishes to have a word with all of our group." I said, looking at her, as I patted down my hair trying to smooth down the large ringlets.

"Oh? Do we have to? We were all having such a great time." Bella replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me.

"We probably do, unless you would like to sit down stiffly in class for the next week and a half." Severus replied, dryly.

"Alright, alright. Let's go change our shoes into a more comfortable pair of shoes that don't pinch, and wait 'til after lights out to go." She said, nodding as I leaned forward.

I nodded, biting my lip as I thought about why were all being summoned.

Both if us got up slowly made our way back to the common room, ignoring the questioning gazes we began to get as we slowly made our way out of the Great Hall.

By the time we had made it back to our room. Bella and I had already had already slipped our heals off.

"Are you going to change out of that dress?" She asked, sitting on the couch rubbing her feet.

"Should I?" I asked, throwing myself on the overstuffed futon.

"Change into the dark ebony dress we bought for you last week. Keep the garter and stocking on, and leave your cloak open." She suggested, smirking at me, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

I looked at her hesitantly, before noticing the mischivous sparkle in her eyes and quickly deciding against it.

"No, I'll just wear this one. I am too tired to change into another one just for an hour or half an hour of standing in the cold. Besides, this dress is rather warm thanks to having to wear a camisole under it. All I'll do is slip the black lace off. See? Its lighter now." I said, slipping my shoes back on.

"I thought we were going to change." She complained as she watched me slip my shoes back on.

"Seriously, Bella,  if you feel the need to change, then do so,  but I am too tried to change. So, I am staying in this dress until after we get back. That way I don't have to change and go out in the cold night." I said, looking at her annoyed.

She grumbled in response and stepped into her black heeled ankle boots, as she pulled the pins out of her hair.

When she finished pulling the pins out her hair sat in curls on her head, less messy than her usual natural hair.

I followed her example and pulled out the emerald pins, leaving the thin diadem on.

"Come on, it's close to lights out. Let's go sit in the common room for a while." I said, smiling at her as she shook her head erratically to get the rest of the pin curls out.