25

×××××

Jack's POV

I laid back against the wall, humming to myself any song that comes to mind. I lift my hand, running a gentle finger over my sewed lip, making sure to not touch the ones ripped out.

I sigh, wiping the blood dripping from my bottom lip on what was left of my torn sweats.

The faint sounds of birds chirping tell me that it's morning once more, causing me to groan. I wish this annoying fuck would kill me already, but hell knowing his satanic ass, he's waiting for me to do it myself.

I wonder how Mark’s doing, I mean definitely better than me of course.

I had overheard Jason talking to Mark, saying that he was willing to trade me for Mark in return. I hope Mark refused, I'm not worth the trouble...

The door suddenly creaked open, revealing someone I didn't completely recognize.

He seemed quite tall and had a slightly built frame. He shut the door behind him and walking quickly over to me. "Hi, Sean. " This voice wasn't Jason's, it was deep like his, but this one was more soft and sweet.

I looked at his face, so he knew I was listening. "It's Xai? I don't know if you remember me or not." I finally got a good look at the features of his face.

I faintly remember Xai, he's one of Jason's younger siblings. He's told me before that he hated his brother and how he acted towards others. He tried to help me once but got scared after being horrendously threatened.

"The police are on their way Sean, I sent them a letter with the address of this grimy old building.” He continues to talk as he unlocks the chains that were digging into my legs. I cringe as the metal clanks against the floor.

“So now whoever this ‘Mark’ person is doesn't have to go with Jason,” So, he did agree to take my place…

The room got quiet as the sounds of car's driving against the gravel outside became apparent. Xai gets up and locks the door, then hurrying back over to me.

I could hear a couple of voices, a few were women and the rest was men. Curses from outside of the door were yelled as I assume Jason attempted to open the door.

I smile halfway thinking about how pissed he must be right now.

Yells from the halls could be heard clearly as the door handle shook even more. Suddenly, gunshots rang throughout the room as the handle broke off and the door burst open. Jason went over to where Xai and I were sitting.

He shoves Xai out of the way and grabs me by my neck.

“I told that bitchy boyfriend of yours that if he called the feds on me, I'd kill you on the spot,” He forced me to stand up as officers stormed into the room, cocking the gun against my head.

I could barely hear what was going on as my vision became blurry and all I heard was a single gunshot before blacking out.

••••

Mark groaned as the loud pounding against the door woke him up. Rolling over, he saw that it was only 8:30 am. Grabbing his shirt that was lying on the floor and his black shorts, putting them on before opening the door.