10

××××××

Third POV

The sound of thunder roaring caused Jack to wake up.

He sighed before pulling the cover's off of his body and forcing himself out of bed.

He flinched as he tried to stand up, due to his bruised legs. Walking over to his open window, immediately closing since it was heavily raining outside.

Trudging into his bathroom, Jack collected his things to get into the shower.

Laying the clothes he grabbed on the countertop, he stripped himself of his pajamas.

Looking at himself in the mirror, tears stung his blue eyes but they were blinked away.

Jack turns on the water and steps into his shower.

*lil time skip*

Stepping out of the bathroom, Jack began to mentally prepare himself for today.

Maybe today would be good, but he seriously doubted it. Running a hand through his hair, he walked out of his bedroom.

He went downstairs and noticed the beer bottles that lined the floor. Of course in the middle of all that, laid his alcoholic boyfriend Jason.

Cursing to himself, knowing he would be the one cleaning up this bullshit. Jack tried to step around him, but tripped, causing a few bottles to fall in the process.

Jason begins to cough and sits up groaning. Allowing himself to wake up, Jason stares straight at Jack before speaking. "Did you...did you fucking...wake me up? "

Jack didn't say anything in response, he only moved away from Jason. As he scooted away, a bottle that was next to his foot knocked over and spilled on the pair of shoes under the table.

Which just happened to be a pair of shoes that Jason had just purchased.

Jason stood up and made his way towards Jack, stepping on bottles and breaking them as he does so. Jack gets up and runs into the kitchen.

He heard heavy footsteps behind him as he hid in the pantry closet. This was a daily routine. Jack hiding from a pissed off Jason but is eventually found. As you can see, he gets pissed pretty easily.

You're probably thinking why the fuck he's still dating this asshole. Honestly, Jack was just terrified of what Jason would do to him.

"The longer you hide, the longer I get pissed the fuck off! "

Jack heard him getting closer and he tried to stay as quiet as possible.

Everything in the house went silent and Jack knew that he was fucked.

The closet doors swung open and Jason roughly pulled him out of the closet, dragging him into the living room.

He throws Jack against the couch and starts to curse like there's no tomorrow.

"YOU FUCKING COME DOWNSTAIRS, WAKE ME THE FUCKING HELL UP AND YOU FUCKING RUINED THE DAMN SHOES I GOT FUCKING YESTERDAY!"

"I-I'm sorry!" Jason grabs the smaller by the neck and holds him up, choking him. Red spots began to form on Jack's neck.

"Don't you fucking raise your damn voice at me. "

He throws him onto the bottles, each one breaking and different shards going into his back. He screams out in pain, and Jason kicks his stomach.

"Don't you make a damn sound either. "

Jason continued to kick Jack across his body, making the bruises already present even bigger.

The taste of blood became apparent in Jack's mouth. A taste way too familiar.

Jack felt the kicks stop and a hard force was sent towards his head.

Those damn shoes.

"I'm leaving for a few hours. You better have all this shit cleaned up. "

Jason walks out the door, taking an old pair of Jack's trainer's with him.

Knowing that he was gone, Jack let the tears flow. He didn't want to move because of the pile of glass under him.

After 20 minutes, he got off of the floor and pulled himself up the stairs. Jack knew there was blood on his back but he didn't want to worry about that for the moment.

He had something else in mind. He walked into his room and picked up clothes that would help hide the bruises.

Taking another shower and changing clothes, Jack made his way over to his desk. Turning on his PC, he opened the Skype app and found Mark's contact.

Making sure he looked decent before pressing the call button. It only rang once before Mark answered.

"Hey Jack! "

"Hi....um I guess you're wondering why I've been ignoring you lately...." Jack lowered his head, feeling tears prick his eyes again. He felt horrible for ignoring Mark.

He wouldn't be surprised if Mark cussed him out and told him to never speak to him again.

"It's okay Jack, you have stuff going on and you needed space. I'm just happy you're okay! "

Jack went wide-eyed as the words left his friends mouth. Why didn't Mark hate him? Jack ignored the thoughts swirling around in his head.

"T-Thank you....can we uh... Can we still talk? "

"Of course! Let the fun begin!" Jack laughed at Mark's enthusiasm and they talked about everything really. Caught up on each other's lives and joked around.

At some point, Chica popped up and Jack got to see her.

Mark always did help Jack forget how bad his life was. He forgot about the bruises and the pain he went through every day.

It amazed him how one man could make him so damn happy.

Everything was going great.

☪ Aurora ☪