16

××××××××

Jack's POV

I wake up because something had moved underneath me. I looked at the TV, the current episode of the Flash was paused and the clock read 1: 45 am.

I turned gently to see what I was laying on. I looked up to see Mark with a slight smile on his face, which made me a little happy. His hand was tangled in my green locks. He was warm and everything felt perfect like this.

Well, it did.

I tried to sit up, but my back said otherwise. A sharp pain shot through my skin as I sat up on the couch. I knew it was those damn carvings cause I could feel the blood begin to seep into my shirt.

Not wanting to wake Mark, I try to stand up and go to the bathroom. My legs suddenly felt weak and I fell back on the couch. Hitting my back as I did so, making me yell out in pain.

Mark began to stir and I feel tears form.

"Jack? What.. What are you doing up?" He looked at me and saw how panicked I was.

"What's wrong?" He tried to touch my arm, but then sudden touch made me yelp. More tears fell as the pain increased. "Jack you gotta tell me what's wrong."

"I-It h-hurts.." His gaze softened and he spoke more softly.

"Where does it hurt?" I didn't want to get blood all over his couch so I only told him to take me to the bathroom upstairs. I knew there were bandages in the cabinet.

He picked me up and I gripped onto his arm, the pain getting worse. Mark continually apologized as he went upstairs and took me into the bathroom.

"M-Mark? "

"Yes? What do you need? " It hurt to hear him sound so worried. The last thing I wanted was to worry him while I was here. He's going to realize how much of a pain I can be and tell me to leave...

"The first aid k-kit.." Mark leaned down to pulled the box out of the cabinet, setting in on the counter next to me. "I need you to take my shirt off."

Mark blushed but nodded and reached for the bottom of the sweater. He slowly pulled it off of my small frame. I saw him stare at the blood on the back of the shirt then look towards me.

"Jack?"

"Please don't get mad..." I turned myself around so I'm facing the mirror and my back facing Mark. I watched him begin to cry in the mirror, my heart broke knowing I did this. It's all my fault.

I felt a finger gingerly trace the letters, "He... He did this to you, didn't he?" I nod and whisper an apology.

He sighs to himself and runs a hand through his hair. I continue to apologize when his warm hands gently turned me around to face him.

"Stop saying sorry. Nothing is your fault, okay?" I felt more tears flow and Mark began to wipe them away. "But it is! It's my fault I'm in this mess and now I've got you worried! I'm the reason your crying right now! I've done nothing but cause problems..." I looked away and he made me look at him once more.

" Nothing is your fault. You didn't plan this, you never asked for such a dickhead of a boyfriend. Don't worry about how I feel, I only cried out of anger." He placed his hand in mine, knowing it would comfort me.

"I'm happy your here and I'm happy I met you. The only problem is that I can't kick Jason's ass." I laughed at that last part but held my sides since everything still hurt. Mark turned me back around and opened the first aid kit.

"I'll be right back, the kit in my room has more stuff in it than this one." I hummed in response and he walks out of the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, I start to sing softly to myself, since it calms me down.

"Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face.
Tell me that you love me even if it's fake, cause I don't fucking care at all."

As I sing, I realize how it kinda sums up my feelings for Mark. I skip to the part that always spoke to me.

"Cause I have hella feelings for you, I act like I don't fucking care
Cause I'm so fucking scared. I'm only a fool for you and maybe you're too good for me......"

I sigh sadly, just as Mark walked back into the room. He sets the box down and grabs a washcloth from the drawer. He wets the cloth and starts to clean the blood off of my back. I inhale due to the cold touch but I get used to it.

"If it hurts too much let me know." He starts to apply something to my back. I jump at the sudden sting, "Ah! "

"Sorry! Do you want me to-"

"No I'll be fine, go ahead." After about 25 minutes, he pins the bandages together and allows me to get off of the counter.

"You can go ahead and go to your room, I'm gonna go and put this in the laundry room and get you a shirt."

I walk to my room and sit down slowly on the bed. At least he didn't say anything about all the bruises. I place my head in my palms and sigh.

Mark walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to me. He was holding a red flannel. "Here, it's one of my favorite shirts so you better protect it." I smile and put the flannel on. It went down to my thighs, but it was really soft and smelled like Mark.

I turn around to see him smiling as well. I sat back down and leaned into Mark. "Thank you. "

"I wish you'd stop saying 'thank you' so much."

"Sorry, but like I said I'm not used to people being nice to me.." Mark pulled me in for a hug, making sure he didn't hug too tight. I froze at the sudden gesture but hugged back.

He pulled away and looked at me. His hand made its way to my cheek and I started to blush.

I suddenly felt myself moving forward...

☪ Aurora ☪