17

×××××××

A wave of warmth surged through me, the gap between Mark and I was closed. I thought my mind was deceiving me and that this was all some sick dream, but it wasn't.

I was actually kissing him.

I leaned into him slightly, deepening the kiss. A few of the pieces from my broken, bruised heart fitting themselves back together.

He pulls me onto his lap, his hands finding their way to my butt pretty quickly. My hands tangled in his soft hair. He hums softly, sending chills down my spine. I opened my eyes for a slight second, immediately regretting I did.

I saw Jason in front of me, grinning like a madman. I jumped back onto the bed and Jason faded out of my vision. Mark replacing his presence. 'I just can't get away from him...'

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have forced myself onto like that.." Mark panicked and I reached out and hugged him.

"Don't be, that was...that was nice."

"It was?" Mark questions and I lift my head up to look at him. "Y-Yeah..it felt good.." Mark leans down as if to kiss me again and my eyes flutter shut. His lips were an inch was from mine, when my phone rang.

I sigh and move away from Mark. I reach over to the nightstand and grab my phone. Not looking at who it was, I answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Where the fuck are you!?" My eyes went wide as he yelled at me. I had completely forgotten about him.

"I-I told y-you, I'm with a f-friend..." I turned to Mark, I knew he could hear who it was and he was getting pissed.

"Sure you are. Look just tell me where you are and maybe I'll go easy on you."

"Jason p-please...Please listen to-"

"No, you fucking listen to me. Tell me where the fuck you are right now, cause if I have to come find you... You'll be lucky to even live, plus... I haven't fucked that tight ass of yours in a while.."

I guess that last part sent Mark over the edge cause he pulled the phone out of my hands, putting it on speaker.

"Listen here dickface, I don't fucking appreciate how you treat Jack!"

"Who the hell are you!?"

"Someone who's gonna kick your fucking ass if you keep treating Jack like this. That's fucking who."

"Are you really sticking up for that worthless piece of trash?"

"Yeah because he's worth more than you ever fucking could. You're a damn worthless piece of shit and if I ever see you, you better fucking hope I don't shoot you." Mark hangs up and sets my phone down on the bed. Groaning loudly in anger, Mark turns back to me.

"Sorry, I uh kinda lost my cool... He just makes me so damn pissed!" I laugh quietly at his little rampage. "Thank you for sticking up for me..."

"Don't worry about it. If you don't mind me asking...How long have you been with him?" I mumbled my answer, not wanting to disappoint him. "What?"

"T-Three years...." I sighed as he stared at me in shock.

"You know, he was so nice and caring when we first started dating. I actually felt like he loved me... Then he started to get drunk with his friends and would come home and he would uh...."

Mark gasped, realizing what I was hinting at. "Jack...You deserve none of this."

"Then why is it happening!? What did I do so bad to have such a shitty life..." I wanted to break down again, but my body refused to do so.

"I uh, I don't know Jack..." He looked over at the time and stood up. "We should probably get you in the bed." I nod and stand up to get under the blankets.

I lay down and Mark follows after, laying down next to me. "Mark? What are you doing?"

"I'm tired.."

"So go sleep in your own bed!"

"But it's warm in here.." I could tell how tired he was so I gave up and let him sleep in here.

×××××

A foot shoving into my leg woke me up. I jumped at first, forgetting that Mark had stayed in my room. I looked at the clock seeing that it was almost 10 and we haven't eaten yet.

I sit up and poke Mark on his side. "Mark." I continued to poke at him until he rolled over and looked at me. "What?"

"Wake the fuck up, we gotta go eat something." He groans and rolls back over. "Make me."

I sighed and turned myself around to face his back. I pushed him out of the bed and got up.

"Are you gonna get up now?"

"Yes, mom." Mark picked himself off of the floor and went downstairs stairs after telling me he was going to walk Chica. I nodded and began to pick up my dirty clothes laying on top of my bag.

I went downstairs to the laundry room, starting a wash since he had some clothes in there as well.Leaving the room, I walk into the living room and sat down on the couch.

I wasn't hungry, which is normal for me. I've gotten used to skipping breakfast, but I do have my days where I'll eat it. I looked around the room and ended up staring at the wall.

I thought about everything that happened last night. Mark told me it would take a while for my back to heal up. I chuckle a little at how scared he was at first touching my back.

Then it hit me.

We kissed last night.

My mind started racing. 'Does he actually like me or did he just get caught up the moment? '

I felt my heart beating again and I remembered that Mark had cussed Jason out. 'Now I really am fucking screwed...' I started shaking when Mark walked in the door.

"Mark?" He looks at me after taking the leash off of Chica. "Yeah? Are you okay?" Mark walks over to me and sits down. "About last night..."

"I didn't mind helping you with the cuts if that's what you're implying.."

"No, that's not it..."

"Is it about the phone call thing? Sorry about that, but the way he was talking to you just pissed me off..."

"It's okay, thanks for standing up for me." He smiles at me and I sit up properly, turning towards him.

"Why did you kiss me last night? "

☪ Aurora ☪