Chapter 2 - I don't want to tutor you, air for brains!

Začať od začiatku

I grinned. "You're right." I said. Then, I looked at her. "How'd you manage to interrupt me, Sheer?"

She smiled and stood up..and of course, started twerking. "I'm awesome, I'm awesome. I'm really, really awesome!" I couldn't help agreeing with her about that.

My best friend is awesome. Crazy, but awesome.

✌ ♕ †

I twisted the combination on my locker to all the right numbers and it popped open. I then started putting books that I wouldn't need inside and the ones I would, I took out and put them neatly in my bag. I'm really a neat freak. I love things to be tidy around me. All the time.

When I was done, I spun around and I bumped into some thing hard. I groaned as my butt made contact with the hard ground.

I looked up to see.. you know who. So cliché, right? But, I swear he didn't hold out his hand and offer me help up like in the other romance movies or stories. Instead, Heath looked down at me smirking.. then, doing something totally unexpected.. Heath sat down beside me. I watched in amazement as his long legs stretched beside my own.

"Um, what're you doing?" I squeaked.

"Helping you." he shrugged.

I arched my left brow. "And, how is that?" I questioned.

"Because, if I didn't sit beside you.. students were going to laugh at you. But, you see that I'm sitting beside you now, and they're not laughing." he explained.

I thought about it. He's right.. but, wouldn't it have been better if he just helped me up? I kept that to myself though. Because I don't want to seem ungrateful.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"You're welcome, purplehaze." he said.

"Would you stop calling me that?" I asked, softly.

"Nope." he popped the 'p'.

I rolled my eyes. And, as my eyes circulated in the sockets.. I realized how much students gawked at Heath and I. Nudging him, I whispered "We're being watched.."

"So? Is that a bad thing?" he inquired.

"I- I mean, I don't know." I said.

"C'mon, let's get you up. You seem terrified." he teased, standing up. He held out out his hand. Then, our queen bee, Samantha was walking past and as I was about to grab his hand for support, he was too busy focusing on her behind. He smacked it, earning a purr from her and yet another smack on the floor for me. I instantly got upset. Students immediately laughed. My cheeks went red, but not only because of embarrassment, but also due to anger.

Why'd I even bother? He's such a jerk. I grabbed my things, quickly stood up and stormed out of that particular hallway. Teenagers suck sometimes.

I sat in Biology class and I listened to Mr.Penn. He's probably the best teacher ever. He was such a dedicated educator and he tried to make the lessons add interesting as possible. I loved him for that. However, snickering sounded in the back row. And, everyone knew who it was. I rolled my eyes and leaned closer to Mr.Penn so that I could hear him better. Talk about disrespectful. More laughter caused Mr.Penn to get upset.

"Mr.Cullen, Carey and Hield. I suggest you three quiet down in the back there. This is for your own good. I warned you." he said sternly.

Before long, a burst of laughter sounded in the back of the class. My eyebrows shot up and I'm sure I wasn't the only one to turn around and meet Scott flat on his behind. Even I wanted to laugh.