sept. 2, 2014

We met one year ago today.

So, in honor of that little anniversary, let's recap on what has all happened in this past year.

One year ago we met and began our journey as friends, which soon turned into best friends, and then I tried convincing myself that I hated you after I realized I had the biggest crush on you, but don't worry, I hated myself too.

But soon after my decision to cut you out of my life, you came back and I put my trust in you once again. We almost died together in the school library that I still can't go in without seeing a gun pointed at your head.

Not long after that, we stopped talking. I still don't really know why you cut me off so bluntly, but, as usual, you somehow weaseled your way back into my life when I lost my composure in the ice cream parlor.

We became best friends once again, and I went to Europe. I still can't get over that. I met Holden and he's been lovely. All three of us have had so many video chats over the past few months. You really like him, and you'd like him even more if you met him in person.

You comforted me when I finally showed you the destruction that my mother left on Stella and I. You made her feel like she finally has a home.

Last week you asked me to be your girlfriend.

Your words were simple, and I appreciated that. You know I never liked overdramatizing things.

"Syd, I really want you to be my girlfriend. What do you say?" You said as we laid on your bed flipping through stupid magazines.

I turned my head to look at you. Your head rested on your pillow, eyes focused on the plain white ceiling, but a little smirk was planted across your lips.

"Don't fuck with me like that, Evan." I laughed and shoved your arm.

"I'm serious, Syddie," You used a nickname that I only allowed Stella to use, "I really would love it if I could call you my girlfriend."

You finally turned to face me, shoved me back, and gave me a puppy dog face, making it impossible for me to say no. Not that I was ever planning on saying no to that question anyways.

"I guess." I said and turned away from you and back to the magazine, but I couldn't read the words when all I could focus on was the fact that you just finally asked me to be your girlfriend. A little smile danced across my lips.

You smiled contently and turned your attention back to the ceiling.

For the longest time after I broke up with Jackson, I hated the idea of dating someone. I didn't want to fall in love with someone who would just turn out to hurt me, and not to mention threaten to hurt my sister.

But ever since I acknowledge that I liked you, I've wanted to hear you say those words more than anything.

And now I was finally yours and you were finally mine and nothing could ever change that. Right?

 Right?