Chapter 9

|Chapter 9|

I quickly run to Thomas and send him a look of pure panic. He seems confused, but I see the worry in his eyes too.

"What is it?" Thomas asks me. I give him the 'shh' sign, and he immediately quiets down.

'He's back!' I mouth to him.

Thomas takes a moment to read my lips, before his eyes widen.

'Parker?' He wonders stupidly, glancing back and forth.

"No, Barack Obama," I whisper sarcastically to him. Thomas gives me a pointed look, before 'shhing' me, "Oh, shut it," I say, sprinting over to the window and tugging it open.

"What are you doing?" Thomas whisper-shouts to me, rushing over.

"I'm escaping," I roll my eyes, turning to look at him, "duh."

"Well sorry Captain Obvious," Thomas glares, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Your welcome, asshat," I joke back at him, taking a challenging step forward to him.

"Anytime, dickhead," He says, closing the gap between us and playfully glaring at me.

"You cannot call me a dic-" I begin but stop when the door to the house opens, and I hear Parker happily humming his way up the stairs.

Up the stairs.

"Shit! We have to go!" I whisper again, hooking my leg through the widnow and ducking underneath, getting onto the roof of the left wing.

"Fuck, I'm coming through!" Thomas calls, lumbering his way through. I latch onto his hands and manage to pull him out of the thin window. Thomas let's out an 'oof' once he lands on the ground.

"Come. On." I hiss out to him, tugging him up and dragging him over to the tree, "Oh wait!"

I open my bag and I hear Thomas hiss a "C'mon!" again, but I dismiss it. I quickly grab the tape and the Axe body spray, looking at the open window. I push down the top, tape it, throw it inside the room and slam the window closed.

I slide down the tree as quickly as possible, and look up to see somebodies fat rearend aimed for my face. Damn you, Thomas.

"Ahhh!" I yelp in pain when Thomas's ass colides with my face. I roll over to the side and escape his huge body, panting for breath.

"Sorry!" Thomas squeaks out at me. He dusts me off and I begin to run but I freeze as I hear Parker.

"What was that noic—Ow!" I hear him shout out.

I turn to look at Thomas who just shurgs sheepishly before mouthing, 'He deserved it.'

I nod my head and we sprint to the car. I hear Parker yelling out and can hear things breaking. We finally get in the car and I get the nerve to ask, "What did you do?"

"I rigged a can of compressed Pepper Spray in his drawer, and it will spray continously everytime he opens it for the next, hmmm, hour? Hour and a half? That is unless he figures out how to remove it," Thomas smiles deviously.

"How do you even manage to do that?" I wonder aloud, laughing a bit.

"Lots and lots of practice," He says and quickly pulls away from the house as fast as he could. Once Thomas reaches the next neighborhood, he finally pulls over and stops.

"Well, that was eventful," I mutter to myself.

"You could say that," Thomas says, turning to me with twinkling eyes.