Chapter 20

|Chapter 20|

"Yeah, twelve o'clock." Spencer whispers, rather unsubtly.

"Really? You are talking about Ash, right?" I hear Mom say, disbelief in her voice.

"Of course," Spencer returns, "Who else do we know that is happy with an eleven o'clock curfew."

"That's too late for her, we said eleven." Mom clucks her tongue in dissaproval.

"Calm down Eliza, she's fine." Dad soothes.

"She was carried in by a boy though, and he—" Spencer gets cut off.

"What." Dad says, rather loudly.

"Yeah, he—" Spencer tries again.

"What do you mean, a boy?" Dad shouts.

Spencer sighs, again, "I mean that there was a boy that carried her home, Dad."

I hear Dad mutter, "This is completely unacceptable."

"Calm down Pete, she's fine." Mom mimicks from earlier.

"But it's a boy. Ash hasn't ever dated boys, or even girls for that matter. I'm just not ready for this step," Dad huffs out.

"It was Liam Daniels." Spencer pipes up.

Pause.

"Who?"

"Liam Daniels."

The clock ticks on while my dad thinks it over.

"My bosses son?"

"Yes, Liam Daniels."

"Oh."

I peep an eye open to find my parents and Spencer talking in hushed tones in front of my bed near the door. I catch Spencer's eye, and I give him a look of distress. He winks at me before clearing his throat.

"Oh, Dad! Did I remember to show you this spot of mold that I found in the basement?" Spencer asks randomly.

Dad shushes him, making sure I'm still sleeping. I quickly close my eyes and pretend to be alseep. I hear him sigh, before the door to my room opens and closes, and their talking fades into faint background noise.

"Oh geez," I breath out, rubbing my eyes and stretching.

Glancing around my room, I see my dress laid out nicely next to the bed, and my shoes on the floor with my jacket next to them. My jewelry is on the nightstand, and there are tissues with makeup on them coating the floor.

I scratch the back of my head, I guess I passed out.

Standing up a cold burst of wind freezes my legs, and I look down to find I'm only wearing a shirt and my undergarments, "Shit!"

It all comes back to me. The dance, Harper, the park, Thomas, Liam, me screaming in his face, him carrying me home, and then tucking me into bed.

"I told him I like him. He knows. Liam knows that I like him. Oh god. This has got to be the most mortifying thing to have ever happened." I panic, running a hand through my birds nest, ahem, I mean my my hair.

I start to pace my bedroom after I put on some shorts, "I can't believe this.

"I'm done for.

"This is the end.

"Holy mother of-

"Wait a minute, Liam said he likes me." I pause, letting it sink in, and then cringe as a new though enters, "Oh great, this is even worse. What if he was kidding? Crap, what if he wasn't? Now someone has to make a move!"