Chapter 3

|Chapter 3|

I just finished all of my homework and now I'm lying on my bed, doing nothing whatsoever. Earlier I changed into a comfy short sleeve sports wear top, and now I'm just relaxing as much as possible. I'm sprawled on my bed, just like the lazy person that I naturally am. After taking off my contacts, I put on my wiry blue glasses and begin to redo my pony tail.

I'm tying the last of my hair, when I hear a pitter-patter come from my window. I get up from my soft comforter, and walk over to my grey window and pull away my black blinds. I look down to see the cause of the movement, making my mouth drop open wide on it's own accord.

Standing 10 feet below me are Liam, Harrison, another one of Liam's football friends and Parker's team mate, and Parker, throwing little objects at my window. I pull open my window, a gust of cold wind blowing through and chilling my bare arms. One of the objects soars right past me, and I whip my head around to see it fall softly on the rug. Some more of the candies begin to land in my room, others hit my face and I scowl.

I grab one in mid air and study it. They are little pebbles.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why are you here!" I call down to them, before I my eyes widen and I look around, "But seriously, how do you know where I live?"

Liam puts his hands up in mock surrender, Harrison shrugs his shoulders, and Parker just looks around aimlessly. It's clear he has better places to be.

Parker looks at Liam and smirks, "Wow. Thought you said we were gonna get a warmer greeting," Parker laughs out, putting a mocking hand on Liam's shoulder. Liam scowls and pushes Parker to the side, right into Harrison, placing the bag of candy hearts on the grass below my room.

"Watch it!" Harrison yells, rubbing his arm.

I blankly stare down at him as millions of questions race through my head.

Why are they here?

How do they know where I live?

And most importantly: How the hell do they know which window is mine?

"Come down here!" Liam says up at me, cupping his hands over his mouth to let the sound travel better.

"Yeah, invite the weirdo down," Parker says scornfully.

Harrison sighs, "Don't be a jackass, Parker."

"Shut up, Harry!" Parker mumbles, looking down at the ground like a brooding asshat.

I smile, but then glare at Parker.

"No way in hell!" I tell them, and Liam just grins up at me once more before his face becomes a bit more serious.

Liam's eyes dart back and forth, "Tone it down a notch. I don't want anyone to know I'm here," Liam whispers at me quietly. He gestures with his hands at the same time, pretending to be pushing down the volume of my voice.

Parker looks up and sees my face, "Idiot."

"Oh, oh I see. So you come here, all creepy and shit, throwing pebbles up at my window. And pebbles, what the fuck? But anyway, you're throwing pebbles at my window, and the thing you're truly worried about is how loud I am?!" I scream at Liam.

"Just calm yourself and come down," Liam hushes me.

"No!"

"But wouldn't you just love to know why we're here?" He coaxes, sending me a smirk.

I pretend to ponder the information and then shut my window in his face, but after shouting a loud, "No!"

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.