Chapter 15 - Just Friends

After about three hours of swimming, we both got out to fix something for lunch. I wasn't the type to burn easily, but Dylan obviously was. Dylan patted his red shoulders and back with the towel, making some sort of hissing sounds as he did it. 

"I forgot to wear sunscreen." He said, wrapping the towel around him. "I should've brought some out! I'm sorry, Dyl." "It's not your fault, babe. I should have thought of it. I picked up my clothes and wrapped my towel around me and walked inside with Dylan. "Do you wanna eat first or be treated?" I asked him. 

When I was younger, I would get sunburnt all the time. I basically knew the whole procedure so he would feel somewhat better. "I guess we could eat. I'm starving right now." He said, grabbing my hand. I was somewhat dry so I put back on my shorts and shirt. I fixed us both sandwiches with chips as a side and fixed the drinks. I set the plate down. "Thanks, beautiful." I smiled. "No problem."

We ate and just talked. Once we were done, I put our plates into the sink. "Did you bring extra clothes?" I asked him. "Yeah, they're in the other room." I couldn't stand not taking a shower after I swim, plus, half of the shower is what's gonna make him feel better. "Okay, well. I need you to take a hot shower in my parent's bathroom. The hot water takes out some of the sting." I gave him instructions and he got his clothes and went into the bathroom.

I went upstairs and got my clothes ready before I hit the shower. I got a shirt and a pair of shorts and all of my under clothing. I went into the bathroom and locked it. I took a shower, put my clothes on and then went out. I listened downstairs and he wasn't done with his shower yet. I dried my hair and left it to it's natural wave. I put on a small amount of makeup and grabbed my phone.

I went into the medicine cabinet downstairs and grabbed the aloe gel out. Dylan still wasn't out yet, so I got on twitter. I tweeted "Dylan got sunburnt :( Doctor Aubree is here tho!" and then I rt'd the picture of me and him. Finally I heard the water stop.

Soon he came out in a pair of basketball shorts. He was carrying his bag with him and his clean shirt in his other hand. He sat down. "Do you feel any better?" "A little." He replied, looking down. "Maybe a kiss make it feel just a tad bit better?" He said in his innocent little kid voice. I rolled my eyes. "That'll help a tad. But this will make you feel MUCH better." I said, holding up the bottle of aloe. He shook his head.

"Please?" He begged, looking up at me. He leaned in but I stayed in place. Oh, what the heck. I leaned into and finally our lips met. He pulled back slightly and smiled. "That helped more than I thought it would." He winked and pulled back. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Okay, turn around." He did as told, his back facing me. I popped open the lid to the bottle and put some in my hand.

I rubbed it on his back and shoulders and then I turned on the ceiling fan, causing it to dry faster. He said he was instantly feeling better, which was always a good thing to hear. I turned on the tv and he laid his head on my shoulder. Soon I didn't hear anything out of him and he was asleep. I had to admit, I was pretty tired too. The sun can make you so exhausted. 

In a matter of hours, I woke up. Me and Dylan were still in the same position. I looked out the window and it was dark out. I checked my phone. 8 already. I had one text from Layla.

From: Layla(:

Hey boo<3 Guess who gets out of the hospital tomorrow! THIS GIRL. Plans. Ok.