Chapter 2 - Just Friends

The ice pack stopped rattling. I could feel Dylan looking at me. "Wh-what?" He asked. "Please tell me this is just something to do with you hitting me in the head and I'm imagining things." I frowned. "I'm afraid not..." I looked towards him. 

I felt guilt wash over me, like it was my fault that I might be moving. "But you said might." He said, a little relief washing over him. Well, at least that's what I told him. Maybe I should have told him the down right truth about me moving. I shouldn't have put his hopes up like that. "Dyl, well, um." I paused for a moment and looked down at the ground, hoping it would tell me how to tell him. 

"Dylan, I am moving to Tennessee. My dad already got the job there and everything. The house has been bought, everything." I felt as if I was about to explode. Two warm arms slid around me and I felt Dylan rest his head on my shoulder. I was pretty sure he was crying.

------------------------------

"Big day, Bree!" My mom said, swinging open my bedroom door. My eyes took focus to the light in my room, well, my used to be room. I pushed back my blankets and sat up. I pushed my hair out of my face and looked at my mom. "I know you're going to miss Dylan." She said, the smile flushing from her face. I smirked. "Ha, more than miss. I don't even have the words to describe it." "But think, you're gonna be seeing all your old friends." "Yeah, I'd trade them for only Dylan any day."

I had taken a shower that night, so I slipped on a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and my Rainbows. I brushed my teeth, straightened my hair, and put on just a little makeup. It was going to be a long car ride. 

There was a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I called, putting the last into my suitcase. Dylan came through the door and I instantly flew into his arms. I held onto him tighter than ever, I never wanted to let go. The scent of his Dark Temptations cologne made me woozy. I was going to miss the smell of him. I was going to miss everything about him. 

He pulled back slightly and looked at me. "Listen, we have to keep in touch. I don't want us to be those people that forgets about each other. We can't let that happen." He said, his voice on the verge of cracking. I pulled him closer. "Of course not." I whispered, letting a single tear trickle down. 

I pulled back enough to wipe it away. "Don't cry, babe." He said. I smiled a little, I just loved when he called me names like that.

--------------------------------------

I looked out the window as I drove off, knowing that this will probably be my last time seeing Ohio. My iPhone did it's usual tone. I looked down. 

From: Dyllyboooo(:

Miss you already. Call me when you get there <3

Tell me what you think :)